*new World Record* I Managed To Lose My Wiz Already!

Thank you DjoeN, fortunately mittens beat you to the punch and offered one, so you can hold on to yours for until someone else needs it ^_^

I hope your Wiz turns up somehow :(

Really the cable might be a waste of time for me though, I just want to see if my BoB is the root cause of my USB problems. It's possible that it could be a problem in the Wiz itself -_-

Exophase, according to MWeston our prototypes are missing charging chip (it's on dev board instead), so it's unknown what will happen if you plug retail cable into your Wiz, chances are it will fry.

, so it's unknown what will happen if you plug retail cable into your Wiz, chances are it will fry.
Great, that's really screwed up. Do our units at least have the USB transceiver chips in the Wiz? And does this mean that the BoB doesn't work with retail units?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do our units at least have the USB transceiver chips in the Wiz?
If you mean USB device, mine does. I use it to upload stuff for testing (umount /mnt/sd;insmod g_file_storage;<copy stuff>;rmmod g_file_storage;mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd;<test stuff>). Don't know about USB host. My Wiz is dated 2008.10.09.

And does this mean that the BoB doesn't work with retail units?
No idea. Does your board look like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I already know that it works for you, but I was asking if the transceiver was in the Wiz or the BoB. You probably already know that it doesn't work for me, hence why I want the cable. I don't know if the physical adapter is wired correctly on my BoB and I wanted to check if it would work if using the direct cable.

Why would the Wiz be fried if USB is connected w/o the power chip? Shouldn't the 5V still be supplied if not to that chip? If not then should I try using the cable with the power line cut?

Back