New Video

j.pickens said:
My question is, how is he moving the pointer?
Mouse or joydisc?
It would be nice to see a similar demo with more of the Pandora in view to see the keys and joypads being exercized.
They added a little trackball to the pandora, but this is still top secret. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
kollau said:
They added a little trackball to the pandora, but this is still top secret. :p
Hah. You are making jokes, but guess what, I will make a trackball MOD. A mini trackball to attach on one side, with some extra shoulder buttons :)

you people kill me...

forum:we want a video...we want a video.....pictures or it isn`t true

devs: ok! heres a video, and a picture, and another video, and a development video we didn`t intend to use

forum: oh! ........ errr.......

forum: we want a video of it running Duke Nukem Forever in immersive threeD...underwater...via shh.....with a bluetooth controler...... or it isnt true

sigh!, yeah! MWeston has nothing better to do than make custom videos of every little feature some guy thinks their uncles cousins nephews nieces aunties grandfather sons friend wants.....NOT

hobbyman II said:
sigh!, yeah! MWeston has nothing better to do than make custom videos of every little feature some guy thinks their uncles cousins nephews nieces aunties grandfather sons friend wants.....NOT
I've got a solution. Lets place a life webcam at each off the developers. This way we always have video's *lol* :)

Chill out man. People will always have requests for points they are interested in...

It's not very optimised and there is no hardware acceleration yet...
I really hope we finaly see at least something that really is hardware-optimized. I beginn to worry about the fact, that we always see unoptimized software-only versions of stuff. Yes, it takes time to optimize but a good proof, that the Pandora can do more then Software-only programs would be very nice. :) I pay for a full OMAP 3530 with a nice SGX Graphics unit, and a not-so-bad DSP, so I hope this stuff will be used as soon as possible. ^_^
if I would be a coder, I really would be mad about to use all the Hardware Power of the Pandora as soon as possible, you not? ;)

fusion_power said:
I really hope we finaly see at least something that really is hardware-optimized. I beginn to worry about the fact, that we always see unoptimized software-only versions of stuff. Yes, it takes time to optimize but a good proof, that the Pandora can do more then Software-only programs would be very nice. :) I pay for a full OMAP 3530 with a nice SGX Graphics unit, and a not-so-bad DSP, so I hope this stuff will be used as soon as possible. ^_^
if I would be a coder, I really would be mad about to use all the Hardware Power of the Pandora as soon as possible, you not? ;)
Chill... As already mentioned several times these last videos were just to show off a completed prototype of the Pandora that's actually working.

Besides that, the drivers for the graphics chip were just released some days ago by TI... so give them some time to fully implement them.

MONVMENTVM said:
Besides that, the drivers for the graphics chip were just released some days ago by TI... so give them some time to fully implement them.
Yes, I know. :) The drivers are late, I just wonder why. Wasn't the driver stuff finished yet (1 Year after OMAP3530 release???) or did TI just hold it back because of mysterious reasons? Imagine, the Pandora would be released as planed, midd or end of 2008...then we would have a Pandora without Hardware Drivers now...very weird.

benjymous said:
j.pickens said:
Thanks for the response.
Is it also possible to move the mouse using the joydiscs?
Even if it's not built in, it's an easy enough thing to add - there's plenty of source out there

Yes, these videos are great.
And the joydisc thing will give me a good project to work on when I get my Pandora.
If the devs don't have time to get it going by shipping time, its something I can probably handle.

And MWeston, there is nothing wrong with your camera, as someone said above, just turn off your autofocus, and, I might add, auto exposure as well.

Thanks so much for posting these.

fusion_power said:

Pickle is currently working on OpenGL ES for Quake 2, as seen in the WIZ section :)

Gruso said:
Read the accompanying text on youtube / blog. It's totally unoptimised, there are still plenty of performance gains to be made.
TOTALLY unoptimised? Actually Craig says:

It's not very optimised and there is no hardware acceleration yet

which to me says it has some optimisation done but in't VERY opimised yet.

How much more optimised can it get between now and manufacturing, I wonder?

An unoptimized port of Quake 2 is three(!) times faster than Quake 2 on the WIZ. I don't need to know more. :)
Full Firefox 3.0 and Gimp?
The problem is, what other handheld should I compare that to? :lol:

Back