New Video : Pandora: Things To To When You're Not Playing

Thanks ED, your videos always make me smile, it just looks so awesome! Really looking forward to the internet video!

ED, thanks a bunch I asked if it was possible to open big PDF files since that's one of the mais reasons which I'm buying, you aswered it very nicely hehehe. Thanks.

EvilDragon said:
If it does indeed make problems, remapping is easy (just one config file), so I could change that within seconds :)
Yeah I know. Did a bit of tweaking myself a few months back. I'm disabling compose altogether myself, just though it would conflict for some people.

Also, I want to thank you for the videos. I'm really enjoying them. Seeing that little beauty in action always brings a smile to my face :)

Last edited by a moderator:
matzesu said:
Whe have a "Redmond XP" Theme? Why???, This is a Linux Gaming Handheld.. :unsure:
Well, maybe you want to confuse people.
I had "Bliss" as my wallpaper on Arch Linux for a while. I don't think anybody noticed the big K in the lower-left corner.

ED: I found something really, really weird. @4:38, the % of charged goes down from 68% to 67%. But the timer goes up instead, it goes from 6:32 estimated time left to 6:37. Is this a bug or is looking at the CPU usage too?

EDIT: Just saw that after AbiWord it goes even up to 6:47

Could you explain this please

Thanks for the pygame vid. It was something I was wondering about.

Been trying to learn a bit of python recently and really like the idea of making a game from scratch 'on the go'

DrCJBoduma said:
Thanks for the pygame vid. It was something I was wondering about.

Been trying to learn a bit of python recently and really like the idea of making a game from scratch 'on the go'
Yeah, seconded. Pygame seems to be running quite well (not a great game to demonstrate performance but I didn't see it laggin' at all).
This is good news, as the painting app I'm developing I'm prototyping in Python. Might not even have to port it to C/SDL if it runs fast enough as a pygame app :D

"Barbie Seahorse Adventure"?
ED, is there anything you might want to share with the rest of us? :p
"They're not dolls! They're action figures!"

Mithrildor said:
ED: I found something really, really weird. @4:38, the % of charged goes down from 68% to 67%. But the timer goes up instead, it goes from 6:32 estimated time left to 6:37. Is this a bug or is looking at the CPU usage too?

I'd imagine it calculates every so often based on current power usage, so he must have been using more power before giving a lower time remaining.
Most laptops don't report to that level of precision for that reason.

(Although I remember something about a really good power monitor chip in the Pandora)

WOW, great vid ED! All the delays have been a real pain over the last 2+ years, but when I see stuff like this, it really makes me remember why I got interested in this project in the first place.

A lot of members have complained about "undone this", and "not finished that", but DAMN, this device is better than I ever hoped it would be, a real class act guys. Way better than any handheld device has the right to be!

Thanks again, TEAM PANDORA! :lol:

Chris

Aninhumer said:
Mithrildor said:

I'd imagine it calculates every so often based on current power usage, so he must have been using more power before giving a lower time remaining.
Most laptops don't report to that level of precision for that reason.

(Although I remember something about a really good power monitor chip in the Pandora)
Yeah, laptops do the same thing.
The calculation is an estimate of how long the battery will last at the current (last 5 minutes, say) CPU usage. So if ED was doing something CPU-intensive, the battery monitor would say, "Wow, the battery is going down fast! It won't last long at this rate", but once the CPU use lets up, it will say, "Well, the battery isn't going down as fast, it will last longer."

It's like driving a car. You always go the same distance, but if you slow down, the time needed will go up. Then if you speed up again, the time needed will go back down.

I use BatteryBar on my laptop. It's great and relatively accurate. It's closed, though.

WizardStan said:
"Barbie Seahorse Adventure"?
ED, is there anything you might want to share with the rest of us? :p
"They're not dolls! They're action figures!"

Why is everybody making fun of me because of that game? :D
It's actually a game similar to classic Super Mario on GameBoy :)

http://www.imitationpickles.org/barbie/

Last edited:
It's so easy to make everyone happy.

Make us forget the wait period with these wonderful videos. I wish to see another one of web browsing, snes emulator (playing Tales of Phantasia or Star Ocean would be superb) and Quake 3 if possible :D

Back