New Video Of Assembled Pandora!

TaG said:
mali said:
fusion_power said:
Now that the FDM Case seems to fit nicely, there is no time to wast for the CNC Case. I hope it is already in production or at least close to ready. :)
ED once sayed, thet the final plastic Case can be produced within a few days so I really hope, the Mass Production starts as soon as possible.
I don't agree. The CNC must be done before the tool is made IMO

Agreed. If not, then why pay out all that money for CNC if you're not going to use it as the final prototype.
He said there's no time to waste for the case, not on the case. He means that the CNC case should be ordered without delay. He hopes that the CNC case is already being produced or will be produced soon - he's not suggesting that the production of a CNC case be skipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, you are right :rolleyes: Sorry, Fusion :)
Too many Fora to watch right now :rolleyes:

craigix said:
The CNC is being ordered on monday.

But it will just be a shiny version of the same thing, we really want to move ahead now and not delay this anymore.

Shiny is almost always good.

The Pandora prototype is awesome! I can't wait for the Pandora now. This is so exciting! I look forward to seeing more videos and demos of the emulators and linux.

Well done it looks great. Im hoping to get a canceled order but if not im defiantly going to order at the next batch. Again well done! :)

Vorporeal said:
He said there's no time to waste for the case, not on the case. He means that the CNC case should be ordered without delay. He hopes that the CNC case is already being produced or will be produced soon - he's not suggesting that the production of a CNC case be skipped.
Aye! Like you would read my mind. :)

Yes, My english is not the best but I can survive with it. :D

Will there be an option to scale everything full screen? hope so, would be a shame if we couldn't make full use of the screen :)

Nice work mweston btw :)

I guess what he means is that he will be ordering the injection moulding tool / tools on Monday.

It is the tool that is "Cnc'd" which means "Computer Numerical Control" or a computer controlled machine that makes the tool.

I hope the tool has already been designed, I guess it has been. It will take a while to make at least a few days I guess.

It is shiny which means that the tool is highly polished.

It can then be put on an injection moulding machine and a case can be made every few seconds at quite a low cost.

Sorry if this is too technical for you. I have been designing Electronic products for over 20 years. I have designed a few plastic mouldings too. My father in law is a retired tool maker (He made Injection moulding tools).

FordP ;)

Ford Prefect said:
I guess what he means is that he will be ordering the injection moulding tool / tools on Monday.

It is the tool that is "Cnc'd" which means "Computer Numerical Control" or a computer controlled machine that makes the tool.

I hope the tool has already been designed, I guess it has been. It will take a while to make at least a few days I guess.

It is shiny which means that the tool is highly polished.

It can then be put on an injection moulding machine and a case can be made every few seconds at quite a low cost.

Sorry if this is too technical for you. I have been designing Electronic products for over 20 years. I have designed a few plastic mouldings too. My father in law is a retired tool maker (He made Injection moulding tools).

FordP ;)
You can actually use that same CNC process to cut a case out of a block of plastic. That's what Craig means. After they make sure that the CNC'ed case works correctly, they'll have an injection mold made and the final cases produced.

Vorporeal - thanks for interpreting. Sorry fusion_power, it seems we all agree then.

puppydee said:
Will there be an option to scale everything full screen? hope so, would be a shame if we couldn't make full use of the screen :)

Nice work mweston btw :)
It's even more interesting to know, if Quake 2 can be use a real widescreen resolution. Not just stretched but real 400x240 or 800x480 with correct aspect ratio. I know Quake 3 support custom resolutions, I trimmed it for my 16:10 TFT onto the PC. :) You have to enable it with "r_mode -1" and don't forget to also set the FOV to something around 110. I don't know if Quake 2 already has the "r_customwidth" and "r_customheight" commands built in but it would be great for use with the Pandora. :)

The N8x0 version works just fine with the right aspect ratio :)

+set vid_width 400 +set vid_height 240
or
+set vid_width 800 +set vid_height 480

I feel so much better after seeing the vid. It's bank transfer time baby!

Back