New Video Of Assembled Pandora!

dsraa said:
craigix said:
Excellent news... that it didn't burst in to flames... or explode.

So, can we finally now confirm the Pandora exists? :)

Totally....You guys just confirmed it for me. When I get the money, I don't care how, I'm definitely buying one!!!

Amazing, Simply amazing to see a final prototype!

Everyone, PROMOTE IT THE BEST YOU CAN!!! I WANNA SEE 10,000 VIEWS ON THAT VID BY THE END OF THE WEEK, TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!! DIGG IT, EMAIL IT, MYSPACE IT, FB, TWEET IT.....YEA!!!

DSR

I like this guy. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video.
Thanks!

I like the comments about how the Quake 2 port is unoptimized just after showing a bit of it running to fast!
What was the fps on that thing?!

calzone said:
Somebody give MWeston a decent HD camera!! ;)
720p videos pleeez :)
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The video is great except for the picture quality.

Thanks for the comments. I could easily have demoed more games if I plugged in a USB game pad, but that was defeating the purpose of this video and I will leave ole Zoddy to do that kind of stuff as he works on more and more stable builds. :)

To be honest, I have never tried the Angstrom builds because I have been worried it is a complicated process and I have to reformat a memory card with an ext2 partition and stuff like that. I will talk to DJ Willis about it and see if I can get something going before the weekend.

It should be interesting to see it working with the internal keyboard which is probably what some people want to see. I can type at like 90 wpm on a full sized keyboard, but I bet as soon as the buttons are small (and with no labels!) I'll be hunting and pecking like a muthaf.... uh well you know. :)

MWeston said:
It should be interesting to see it working with the internal keyboard which is probably what some people want to see. I can type at like 90 wpm on a full sized keyboard, but I bet as soon as the buttons are small (and with no labels!) I'll be hunting and pecking like a muthaf.... uh well you know. :)
With no lables it'll be like the training typwriters they used to have.

Now that the FDM Case seems to fit nicely, there is no time to wast for the CNC Case. I hope it is already in production or at least close to ready. :)
ED once sayed, thet the final plastic Case can be produced within a few days so I really hope, the Mass Production starts as soon as possible.

fusion_power said:
Now that the FDM Case seems to fit nicely, there is no time to wast for the CNC Case. I hope it is already in production or at least close to ready. :)
ED once sayed, thet the final plastic Case can be produced within a few days so I really hope, the Mass Production starts as soon as possible.
I don't agree. The CNC must be done before the tool is made IMO

Just wow! Been watching for ages, only now do I post. Well done to all involved. Almost makes me want to dust down my progging digits;)

mali said:
fusion_power said:
I don't agree. The CNC must be done before the tool is made IMO

Agreed. If not, then why pay out all that money for CNC if you're not going to use it as the final prototype.

Considering MWeston said that there was no space for the latch of the battery door because it was too small a part on the design to make for the FDM I think making sure CNC works before making the tool is wise? Not that I know anything about this hardware stuff, but seems like a common sense thing to me...

The CNC is being ordered on monday.

But it will just be a shiny version of the same thing, we really want to move ahead now and not delay this anymore.

Congrats!!!

I'm very happy to see the prototype in the flesh. This is very exciting.

Well done! Great video (great for what it shows, bad bad camera :D ).
Thank you MWeston!!!

Waiting for the CNC and a better video with Angstrom and/or PSX emulation via USB Joypad...

P.S: Is the PSX4Pandora project completed or it's going on?
I asked this because ZottD used to make a lot of video of his past releases...

MWeston said:
To be honest, I have never tried the Angstrom builds because I have been worried it is a complicated process and I have to reformat a memory card with an ext2 partition and stuff like that. I will talk to DJ Willis about it and see if I can get something going before the weekend.
EXT2 is easy, just use Gparted;)

Back