New Video From Craig

r00tw00t said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkbFdJG5xuY

Niiice, but it's Michaels :D
Huh, you must really be F5ing a lot; the above post was made prior to the video showing up in my YouTube subscriptions :D

Anyways, the video doesn't really contain anythign new; the PSX emu seems to run a lot smoother but that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there two black pandoras in the background? Michael, you're holding out on us!

Great to see a vid so quick, I only mentioned it the other day, nice one michael you rock :D Seems a bit choppy in places but I'm sure it'll be worked out eventually once things are tweaked. Psx games should run full speed on the Pandora shouldn't they?

Good video, it's nice to see some of the classic PSX games running well.

Is that with the OpenGL ES 2.0 renderer?

Edit: Woops completely missed that this probably isn't PSX4ALL, disregard that question. Impressive speed for an unoptimized emu.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Audio is very choppy :( !
The guys have made the effort to post this video and that is the sum of your gratitude?????

It's responses like that and people like you who make the Pandora team reluctant to post more vids; Negative, unstructured, pointless and biased comments.

It gets more than a little tiresome - Maybe you take your role here on gp32x a little more seriously, being a Mod requires a level of responsibility, so if criticism is deserved towards the OP team, show it constructivly.

The audio was "choppy" at 550mhz. The Pandy can still be over-clocked to around 900mhz, no? Who needs optimization when you can just throw brute force power at it!

Someone really sucks at Resident Evil ;)

I've really got to get my PSP back and try Ridge Racer again, damn I loved that game... the PSX is rife with delicious nostalgia inducing wonderment. I would really love to see Abe's Odyssey running on the Pandora. I'm pretty sure it'd work beautifully.

The controls on the Pandora may ultimately put it head and shoulders above my good ol' PSP for playing those PSX "classics."

WoD said:
The audio was "choppy" at 550mhz. The Pandy can still be over-clocked to around 900mhz, no? Who needs optimization when you can just throw brute force power at it!
Sorry but that's not necessary:
Craig @ The YouTube Page said:
Michael made this video of the Pandora running a Linux PSX emu.

The sound problem seems to be file access or timing related as it stays the same from 550mhz up to 750mhz.

There is a new compilation video on the way.
Wait, and why do I say sorry? It's actually good, it should be fixable, and then we won't have to overclock it too much, right? I hope so.
And he promises a new video... hmm...

As I said in the video text and the text on the side the choppy audio is a non speed related issue, it's either timing or SD access related.

Even at 900mhz the sound is just the same, although the emulation speed then is way too fast.

However it's unlikely Michael really played with many options to try to fix it. It was just done in 10mins.

What emulator is this? pcsx? I would guess that the only reason psx4pandora wasn't shown was because it was made before linux was functioning and will need to be ported (I would guess a small task at this point).

greendots said:
What emulator is this? pcsx? I would guess that the only reason psx4pandora wasn't shown was because it was made before linux was functioning and will need to be ported (I would guess a small task at this point).

If that is the case then what OS was psx4pandora running on?

I'm not greatly keen on talking about psx emulation all that much, I don't want to be seen to encourage it really, bleem, sony and all that shit.

Enverex said:
You're making a umpc, so how would you be liable or related in any sense? You"re not the ones making a psx emulator..m
When giant companies have swarms of lawyers to dispense, it's best to err on the side of caution.

Enverex said:
greendots said:

If that is the case then what OS was psx4pandora running on?

Its possible that there was no OS as its not required.

greendots said:
Its possible that there was no OS as its not required.
The only piece of software that don't requiere an OS is an OS by definition :p
And I don't see any developper willing to write a dedicated OS for an emu, but that's just me :)

craigix said:
I'm not greatly keen on talking about psx emulation all that much, I don't want to be seen to encourage it really, bleem, sony and all that shit.

Videos are nice but much more interested in the three black goodies in the back ground.... :)

Back