New User

tysalomon

Still Fresh
I have a new gp2x and can not manage to use games from sd card,
can someone tell me the simplest directions to use for the first time?
What do I have to download from where, and how to put it on the gp2x

Thank you!

Also learn to use the search function of this forum or use Google. Most of your questions are likely been asked before. (Even your current questions have been asked before.) :p

If you do not have a card reader, get one. As for the apps/games/emus, it is as simple as unzipping them to a folder on the card, navigating to the directory with the GPE file for the said program on the GP2X, and executing it. As stated previously, the search function of these very forums are extremely helpful as well.

@ tysalo -- Welcome and yes it could be very overwelming at first.. so much to do and not enough hours in the day... First off get use to the file site but remember that not all software is current... Sometimes authors have the current updates on their sites.. Normally I go to their web site just to check for the latest version...

Next as it was stated, get a card reader.. this will make it easier on your xfer from your puter to your GP2X .... but from what I've read, the USB xfer is better then the older models .......

What I first did was change my looks .. I personally did not like the 'blue' plain interface when I turned it on.. so I dloaded and configured GMenu2X - http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=174176 on all my cards..... just keep in mind not all functions work for our F200's ..... but as its been stated, there's code you can compile for the latest version...

Now as for an emu ... pick a console that you like and stick with that until you get the hang of how emu's work.... each emu is configured different but you'll get the hang of it once you start... I would say something like the PocketSNES .. One of the easier ones to configure IMO ....

Lastly (i promise) keep searching this site and the wiki site... wiki.gp2x.org ... and of course gp32x.de .... Hope this helps...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back