General Connection And Usage Headaches!

nipso

Still Fresh
Hello all...

Before I begin, I would like to say that I have just received my new GP2x, and it is running Firmware 2.0.

First off, neither my PC or my iBook will recognise the GP2x when I connect it via PC. I have heard that getting a card reader is recommded for downloading, so would that completely cure this connection problem? My printer has an SD card reader, so I guess I can just use that one(?)

Secondly, when I did manage to download some games via my SD reader, I cannot get them to run on my GP2x. When I open them, the screen goes black and I am automatically sent back to the menu screen.

I have read the supplied manual CD from beginning to end, and to say the least, this document is... brief.

Any suggestions for resolving these problems would be gratefully received.

The games probably need SDL. Get it on the archive. As for not recognizing, not all systems work for everyone, your printer will do fine.

Thanks for you help.

I put the first SDL software at the top of the list, but I am having the same problem.

1. The most common mistake when the gp2x can not be found via USB: USB must be ACTIVATED. The gp2x USB is only active when you're in USB Mode (settings menu) or have the USB Network enabled.

2. Did you read all the readme's and unpack the archives?

Evil Dragon,

1. When I go to the settings, USB menu, it always read as 'Connected'.

2.) When I received the GP2x, I received a Manual disc, and another disc, which appears to be a blank CD-R. This second disc is not even labelled.

nipso posted on Jul 22 2006 at 08:50 PM said:
Evil Dragon,

1. When I go to the settings, USB menu, it always read as 'Connected'.

Yes, cause that's a picture.
But USB is not active if you don't see that "Connected"-screen.
Leave that screen, and USB is off again.

2.) When I received the GP2x, I received a Manual disc, and another disc, which appears to be a blank CD-R. This second disc is not even labelled.

Hm, well, I have no idea where you bought it, so I can't tell you more about this, but for games, go to the gp2x File Archive

Last edited:
Hm, well, I have no idea where you bought it, so I can't tell you more about this, but for games, go to the gp2x File Archive
[/quote]

I purchased it direct from the manufacturer site, http://www.gp2x.co.uk/

Thankfully, despite early problems, I have managed to get my downloaded files to run. This means I am currently experiencing the delights of Spectrum and NES emulators (however, I can't get the Street Hassle ROM for the Speccy to run!).

Back