New User Coming To A Realization...

Ripster

Website
Visit site
I am new to the board and also a new user. I just received my GP2x on Friday... I have not really had the time to get intimate with it yet... but we are getting to spend some time together.

I found that I am having troubles with a lot of the programs... emulators... frontends... etc... The only ones that seems to work right out of the box are PicoDrive, MameGP2x and GNGeo2x. I have some of the other working but not without some tweaking. GNGeo2x was a pleasure to use... it just works...

So... my realization is that the software all probably works... its the lack of documentation that is the problem... not knowing where to put what. For instance GP2xHandy needed the boot image but you don't really know where to put it... I read the txt file that came with it but it was a little vague. Instinctively I thought it should go with the gpe file... but people are saying put it in the rom folder... etc. Well for me it needed to go in the file with the gpe file.

Just my thoughts... for us newbies... I think better more concise documentation would go a long way. I still cannot use the MAMEGp2x or the ArcadeGP2x frontends... the first one seems to missing a file and the second one goes to a dark screen. Could be something about me running 3.0 (I believe I read something somewhere about it). But it would be great if we could document it a little better in one place.

The programmers are doing a great job with their hard work on the software... maybe those of us with lesser skills could help with the documentation included.

Well, most coders are just that... great coders... not all but some lack in the documentation area and such. Such as gp2xHandy you put the bios in [path]/

You say that you have Mame and GnGeo working... those have to be the two hardest of the lot I would think so your already ahead of the game.

Reap

Back