New To The Ds - Tips, Advice And Help Please

dosteridge

I play, therefore I am?
Website
Visit site
Hi People,

I managed to pick up a ds lite cheap from a friend at work:)

I have an r4 sdhc card with some stuff on, but am interested in trying some of the emulators, like spectrum. Can I use the r4 card for this or do I need a card for slot 2?

If I do, which is the best to buy and where from (im in the UK)

I would also like to play GBA games, but am fairly sure I need a slot 2 card for this?

Any hints, tips or advice would be gratefully received as I have never really looked at/in to the ds before, but needed something to play with until my pandora arrives.

Many thanks

Edit: Typo's

Last edited by a moderator:
The R4 is supposed to be able to run nds homebrew, as are all other slot-1 solutions. I haven't tried it, though. I know my Acekard2 runs homebrew fine.

For GBA games, the best solution is the EZFlash 3-in-1 cartridge. For the R4, you need an additional GBA loader, which might be hard to find and not working too well. The Acekard2 handles GBA games without need for any additional software, just point-and-click. You should consider selling the R4 and buying an Acekard2, if GBA games is important for you.

'Squirrel61' said:
The R4 is supposed to be able to run nds homebrew, as are all other slot-1 solutions. I haven't tried it, though. I know my Acekard2 runs homebrew fine.

For GBA games, the best solution is the EZFlash 3-in-1 cartridge. For the R4, you need an additional GBA loader, which might be hard to find and not working too well. The Acekard2 handles GBA games without need for any additional software, just point-and-click. You should consider selling the R4 and buying an Acekard2, if GBA games is important for you.
That's great, thank you, I will have a llook in to it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back