New Server!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As I mentioned in my last newspost, I upgraded the server.

Tonight, I switched over to the new server (that's why we had a downtime of 3 hours).

Well, it looks like it went well. The new server seems to be A LOT faster (as expected) and everything seems to be working.

Let me know if you find any hiccups or issues :)

feels very nice! me likey!
[doublepost=1478837338,1478836537][/doublepost]oh, but i can't seem to search the boards. i suppose it hasn't finished indexing...?

I think there is an issue with the config of the new server. ptitseb.openpandora.org is redirected to drastic homepage.

One thing jumped to my eye:
Since yesterday or today the old forum URL "http://boards.openpandora.org/" don't redirect to this forum anymore.
It shows a strange Drastic Nintendo DS Emulator forum.
I had that in the morning (07:00 UTC) too. Now it redirects to https://pyra-handheld.com

http://stalker.openpandora.org/ currently redirects to the Drastic forum too.
Not for me. I never visited that site before, but what I currently see there seems to make sense to me (pre-order statistics, recent post titles).

I think there is an issue with the config of the new server. ptitseb.openpandora.org is redirected to drastic homepage.
I get a 403.

Maybe some DNS entries need a refresh?

This is no DNS cache isue.
I never visited this forum before.

Even with the IE, a browser I only used to download Firefox, this emulator-forum runs under this links.

Perhaps some DNS server (or the new pyra / pandora server) has some hick ups.

Well, then the DNS cache of your internet provider, possibly.
It can take up to 24 hours until all DNS servers in the net have updated.
The Drastic forums is the only site still on the old server, so if you land there, it means your DNS server pointed you to that IP and hasn't updated yet.

Same here, but I also think it was not a dns thing.
It is best to let people know about it, maybe tweeter or something like that, it could be very confusing to recently new users, specially those pre-ordering pyra.

...but I had lots of fun reading the drastic forum about people pledging help with a cracked/pirated copy of it.
(read fun as ´disturbing´ because it shows a lot of the human nature worldwide)

...but I had lots of fun reading the drastic forum about people pledging help with a cracked/pirated copy of it.
I read them too, after everyone said they were being redirected there, as I never was myself.

Why in the name of all that is holy are you using 12 hour? TTLs on your DNS records?

Are you mad?

Touch wood, but I was getting some sort of an SSL entry too long error for most of today thus far. For the time being that seems to be fixed though, which is nice.

Edit: Seems off an on, although it's always possible something at my end is caching broken pages. FWIW: Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

Opera 12 complaints about the certificate :( Seems like it is registered to a domain but points to another

All the other browsers doesn't mind about that

Why in the name of all that is holy are you using 12 hour? TTLs on your DNS records?
Are you mad?
Seems perfectly sane for normal operations, but I agree it's good practice to reduce the TTL in time before a planned migration.

Opera 12 complaints about the certificate :( Seems like it is registered to a domain but points to another
Mine doesn't. Opera 12.18, Windows. As for the domain, it shows "*.pyra-handheld.com".
Though I'm not sure how you'd fix it.

Mine doesn't. Opera 12.18, Windows. As for the domain, it shows "*.pyra-handheld.com".
Though I'm not sure how you'd fix it.
I just have to accept the certificate everytime

EDIT: something seems changing, I see a different cert now

EDIT: now works without issues :D

Last edited:
Back