New Post In Openpandora.org Blog!

arconreef said:
www.openpandora.org/blog.php
Nothing big, just some new pic(s). :p

Actually it shows big progress - chips on the board. It's a BEAUTIFUL thing I tell you!

BTW, what's the big connector in the middle on the back? I had thought that was going to be the spot for USB - but it now looks like the USB port is on the left. So, what's that port going to be?

Ooh, it's like the build up to XMas....

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
jdh2550 said:
arconreef said:
www.openpandora.org/blog.php
Nothing big, just some new pic(s). :p

Actually it shows big progress - chips on the board. It's a BEAUTIFUL thing I tell you!

BTW, what's the big connector in the middle on the back? I had thought that was going to be the spot for USB - but it now looks like the USB port is on the left. So, what's that port going to be?

Ooh, it's like the build up to XMas....

:)

I'd assume it's the A/V port, but I could be wrong.

What's that black wheel thing on the left? A volume control?

Kramy said:
I would assume so. That or it's one damn funky power switch.

All right, they settled on a wheel for volume adjustment! :)

Oh well ;) Not a big deal; I'm just not a fan. (regarding volume wheel)

I'm just guessing, but I'm guessing the middle back is USB, and the left and right are TV-out and miniUSB, or vice versa. On the bottom right, it's the power port. I can't tell from the picture if the headphone plug is there or not. Something's soldered where I'm pretty sure it'd go (directly the right of the volume wheel).

Shiny said:
Kramy said:
I would assume so. That or it's one damn funky power switch.

Yes, it's the volume wheel. If you compare this picture with the previous one, you'll find most labels line up. (Though, according to previous posts, there've been small revisions).

Do we will expect soon some media coverage and videos showing the board running? :-D

What about using some low profile connector for the "exp conn"?

Pretty - I want one. Who do I have to sleep with pay?

Hope the plastics make it hard to accidentally knock the volume wheel - it's rather near the corner.

I don't think the volume wheel is necessarily the final choice, even though I'd like to see it.

Looks great! :) Makes me want to go solder something myself...

jdh2550 said:
Um, USB Mini (Device) on the left, USB regular in the middle (Host).

CongoZombie said:
I'd assume it's the A/V port, but I could be wrong.
The TV output is clearly on the solder pads labeled TV

I think MWeston already said that the wheel was not chosen. (I asked him on the first set of pics)

This seems to be the same board as the first pics, except populated.

nubie said:
I think MWeston already said that the wheel was not chosen. (I asked him on the first set of pics)
AFAIK MWeston said the wheel was not chosen because it lost the popular vote. He then, subsequently, re-checked the poll that the wheel was thought to have lost and noticed that now it's ahead.

Since that point there has been no explicit statement as to whether a wheel or a slider is actually in use, except of course for the dev-board pic. And I'm fairly sure that the dev units were always going to be wheels because they are easier to source, and they wanted to get them out asap...

Back