New Pix From Mweston!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One can only hope... I want it NOW! B)

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking, "What the hell am I going to do when I have it in my hands?"

I think I might just revel in it's presence for a few hours. :)

Dave1234 said:
Monk said:
Sheesh - even the photos around here are subject to interpretation! LOL

Well it's gives us something to do until more parts arrive, and it's better that arguing about ...

...anything at all. Agreed - speculating about that tiny bit of plastic is more fun and more productive (less destructive) than much else that goes on around here.

Yoyobuae said:
Paradox said:
what does respect have to do with ANYTHING here?
Maybe it has something to do with Craigx (and the rest of Open Pandora team) being a human being, and quite deserving of respect for taking on this project.

Personally I think a little respect all the way around is quite reasonable. Just because this is the Internet doesn't mean everyone has to be agressive by default - why not respect everyone until that respect is shown not to be deserving, instead of the other way around?*

Jeffrey John Lytle said:
what i think is funny is if we were all in a room together we would probably all get along just fine

It's funny, but in a sad kind of way IMHO. It suggests, to me, that we feel the need for some physical pressure or threat of physical retribution just to behave in a tollerable manner - a threat which isn't present on the net. By "We" here I mostly mean "everyone but me", of course ;)

Neko said:
Pleng said:
...being abusive and apparently ungrateful to customers; people who have put money up front so that this project could even exist.
He was ungrateful to one guy who paid at the last minute, and then a few days later wanted his money back.

Ummm - no. the instance of which you speak is not the first (or second, or third...) or worst (IMHO).

Nightwheel said:
Can't we all get along?

More of that kind of attitude could make us proud to be human :)

MWeston said:
The part you are trying to figure out is called the mic duct. It goes over the mic element and directs sound from the little hole in the hinge down into the mic. It also sits behind the rotating hinge mechanism to prevent it from ever backing out under heavy vibration (even though that shouldn't happen as it clicks in place).

Awww! Nice to know, but the puzzling over what that part was... well, that was the best part of the thread!

It's like being told that "The Butler Did It" ! (j/k ;) )

*please note this is not directed at any one person, but in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone is busy for a couple of days with some urgent, final, firmware testing, however I'm going to do a blog update on everything. Then you will most likely see more final case parts later in the week once this work is out the way.

I know, boring for you, but kind of a priority for the final boards!

craigix said:
Everyone is busy for a couple of days with some urgent, final, firmware testing, however I'm going to do a blog update on everything. Then you will most likely see more final case parts later in the week once this work is out the way.

So many "final" words! *squeeee!* :)

craigix said:

Kinda good news and bad news wrapped together. I was hoping for some pictures today but sounds like there won't be any until later in the week. *sigh* Good news in that final testing is taking place though...

B-ZaR said:
craigix said:

So many "final" words! *squeeee!* :)
It's the final countdown!
*hums synth riff*

craigix said:

Oh, I thought Mweston was going to receive the remaining package(s) today so he could post pics of the rest of the case.

Oh well, I can wait a few more days before I explode.

cant wait to see the final case all nice and finished, it will look well good, then again i thought the white seethrough prototype ones looked quite kl

This is the end before the beggining.

I really think that when panora ships i will miss all this stuff about protoypes, moulds, nubs... And i really hope that this comunity will grow, if Openpandora team didn't had this comunity i would have cancelled few weeks after preoder. I visit this forums everyday and i really enjoy it, and i think people that preorder and visit this forums but don't post should do it, i did it since August and it helps a lot.

guizm -- A variatoin of stockholm syndrome? People will have heir panda's and instead of looking for new tricks for it, they'll be rabidly checking the forums looking for drama :) The mic tunnel will be too shallow, the colour black will not be black enough, the font on the lettering is too Star Trekky..

(As long as people aren't bitching about loose hinges, I'll be happy ;)

jeff

I think the forums will be a lot more busy when people start receiving their Pandoras. Right now I'm willing to bet most of the people that pre-ordered don't come here often, maybe even a few that have forgotten and will get their package and think 'What the heck is this?' So we might very well be in for a flood of activity when they start shipping.

second exodous said:
[...] most of the people that pre-ordered don't come here often, maybe even a few that have forgotten and will get their package and think 'What the heck is this?'

LOL I hope they make a vid when they do that :eek: ;)

What would be amazing, maybe only in my view: The team doesn't show us any pics of the case and only makes a small craigixish-blog post. Then on next Monday, or maybe Wednesday, they show us a vid of a full functional mass-production-type Panda.

And at the very end of the video (you know, after the credits) a copy of a post document confirming the first 105 Pandas are already on there way!

PS:
The tile of the vid would be: "BAM!" :)

Creature XL said:
second exodous said:
[...] most of the people that pre-ordered don't come here often, maybe even a few that have forgotten and will get their package and think 'What the heck is this?'

What would be amazing, maybe only in my view: The team doesn't show us any pics of the case and only makes a small craigixish-blog post. Then on next Monday, or maybe Wednesday, they show us a vid of a full functional mass-production-type Panda.

And at the very end of the video (you know, after the credits) a copy of a post document confirming the first 105 Pandas are already on there way!

PS:
They aren't shipping the 105 to customers.

Could some one rename this topic with out the word 'new' or add a date please?

calc84maniac said:
Creature XL said:
second exodous said:

PS:
They aren't shipping the 105 to customers.
I thought the 105 were done away with, the boards are now in full production and the cases come out of the factory in the 100's so they were just going to go ahead and continuously build them until they are all out the door. So basically they aren't going to make 105 and then just stop and wait for more material are they?

greendots said:
Could some one rename this topic with out the word 'new' or add a date please?

Why? They were new pixxx!

I want new video and pics. I know the true story of craigix; he doesnt want to share photos of the new parts arrived but he is watching the new parts everyday, with sunglasses ofcource, elss the greatness would be to great.
He covers it all up with saying he needs to do something!

You just want to keep those parts yourself you filthy pandora loverboy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back