New Pix From Mweston!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Ginrai said:
Sitwon said:
That piece above the X has to be a shoulder button. I can't imagine where else it would fit.

Also those LED extenders don't look like they're smoked. I think I'd prefer if they didn't have 4 LEDs sharing a single bar like that, but I'll withhold judgment until I see it all assembled.

Look at the shoulder button on the FDM prototype and compare it to the piece above the X. Do those look the same size to you?

-God Ginrai
The perspective makes it difficult to tell for sure, but it does appear to be the same width and nearly the same length.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitwon said:
God Ginrai said:
Sitwon said:
That piece above the X has to be a shoulder button. I can't imagine where else it would fit.

Also those LED extenders don't look like they're smoked. I think I'd prefer if they didn't have 4 LEDs sharing a single bar like that, but I'll withhold judgment until I see it all assembled.

Look at the shoulder button on the FDM prototype and compare it to the piece above the X. Do those look the same size to you?

-God Ginrai
The perspective makes it difficult to tell for sure, but it does appear to be the same width and nearly the same length.

Looks twice as long to me.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Sitwon said:
God Ginrai said:
Sitwon said:

-God Ginrai

-God Ginrai
Do you have a better theory?

Odd reference: this kinda reminds me of the helix(Tapwave Zodiac) reveal site that showed the device piece by piece. I kinda blame it for the f200 the wiz and the Odroid though lol.

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical with the dpad until I saw it in the FDM case and it looks just right.

can't wait til the end of next week.

EDIT: The shoulder button is twice as long. The way the L shoulder button is standing makes it look like half of it is a reflection of itself. but notice that one of the shoulder buttons are missing on the FDM?

Yoyobuae said:
Maybe it has something to do with Craigx (and the rest of Open Pandora team) being a human being, and quite deserving of respect for taking on this project.
CraigX is a lying bastard, and the entire OP team is suspect as well. Pandoras were estimated to ship by LAST CHRISTMAS. That was an ABSURD "estimation" -- so absurd that they MUST have KNOWN that it was a STRAIGHT UP LIE. If they needed the pre-order money that badly to keep the project alive, then they should have come out and told the truth. I think people would have pre-ordered anyway, but if the project fails it fails. Instead it was founded on LIES. And yet this community is filled with sheep who still jump up to defend their righteous, kind-hearted and infallible OP-team heroes and damn the people with sense who complain about ill-doings. It's ridiculous.

Nice photos.

Folks, lets face it. The Pandora has been through developmental hell and back. And I have to respect the fact, that team has been able to continue working through all these issues. And now they are trying to make sure that their product is A++ down to the smallest detail.

But some have decided to turn this thread into a poo flinging contest. Not only towards the team, but other members here too.

Can't we all get along?

Game_over said:
EDIT: The shoulder button is twice as long. The way the L shoulder button is standing makes it look like half of it is a reflection of itself. but notice that one of the shoulder buttons are missing on the FDM?

I think I see what you mean about the reflection. However, the fact that there is a shoulder missing on the FDM bears no significance in this particular instance. There hasn't been a shoulder button on that in any of the past photos of the FDM, IIRC. I asked why when I saw the the first image that had only one shoulder, and I didn't get an answer.

-God Ginrai

The part you are trying to figure out is called the mic duct. It goes over the mic element and directs sound from the little hole in the hinge down into the mic. It also sits behind the rotating hinge mechanism to prevent it from ever backing out under heavy vibration (even though that shouldn't happen as it clicks in place).

MWeston said:
The part you are trying to figure out is called the mic duct. It goes over the mic element and directs sound from the little hole in the hinge down into the mic. It also sits behind the rotating hinge mechanism to prevent it from ever backing out under heavy vibration (even though that shouldn't happen as it clicks in place).

Ah, glad to know what it is. Thanks for the heads up. ^_^

-God Ginrai

MWeston said:

Thanks for the clarification, but what are you doing here? Go celebrate your birthday! Happy birthday, by the way :).

Neko said:
He was ungrateful to one guy who paid at the last minute, and then a few days later wanted his money back.

No, he has a history of being ungrateful and abusive towards customers who 'have the nerve' to question what he is saying.

Yoyobaue said:
Maybe its just me. I just don't see the benefits from doing this kind of things.

I agree. When I decided to cancel my pre-order I was going to do it silently with a quick email to OP. Only a poorly/well (depends on your perspective I suppose!) timed video of a Dreamcast emulator playing Daytona USA stopped me from doing so.

What I disagree with is the argument that the team automatically deserve some kind of respect.

{edit} By the way, the pics look good... can't wait to see the almost complete Pandora when the other parts arrive!

Esn said:
quartercast said:
craigix said:
Send me your order details, I'm going to cancel it for you today.

That was a bit uncalled for. I must have read around 30-40 other posts along similar lines, I didn't see anyone getting all high & mighty then.
No, I think Craig was pretty polite. The guy asked to cancel his order, and Craig said "sure, send me your info and I'll do it". That's called prompt reply to customer query.

You have no proof that Craig meant it in a nasty way. You can't tell what someone's tone is when you see text on a screen. :)

Proof? You have no proof that I'm not a transmogrifying pink hamster in a magic teacup.

Who said P/dox asked to cancel his order? P/dox did not directly request a preorder cancellation. Cragix's response was unsolicited, unwarranted and confrontational. An ultimatum verging on a threat.

Basically I think it comes down to stop threating to cancel. We all have a certain amount of time we're willing to wait. Some will wait forever, some will wait months, and for some, a few weeks. When you reach that point, just cancel, don't try to pull everyone else into your decision with you. Only you can make that decision so it's no one else's business. I think Craig was more than justified in his response.

Sitwon said:
God Ginrai said:
Sitwon said:
God Ginrai said:
Sitwon said:

-God Ginrai

-God Ginrai
Do you have a better theory?
Piece of his camera that fell off.

MWeston said:
Ok, then I was completely wrong with the Shoulder button. I had no idea, that such a "duct" even existed or is needed. You guys really invented some funny stuff for the Pandora. ^_^ Happy Birthday by the way. :)

fusion_power said:
MWeston said:
Ok, then I was completely wrong with the Shoulder button. I had no idea, that such a "duct" even existed or is needed. You guys really invented some funny stuff for the Pandora. ^_^ Happy Birthday by the way. :)

Haha!, so no one wins the misterious part poll,
but i keep thinking hinge option gains more points than the shoulder one, cmon it was way too small to be the shoulder button

i cant wait 2 c the other parts!

XD, MW go and get your birthday because youre not gettin xmas or rest untill we all get our pandas!!
(just trolling and jokin!, please craigY dont cancel my order)

Nice one guys, these parts look good, its really nice to see the end in sight. Getting excited to see the first fully assembled production pandora, and yes .. keep my order in its number in line thanks, I definitely will be playing the hell out of my Pandora when it arrives, and until then .. patience, patience ..

:)

borgqueenx said:
Are there more parts arriving tommorow at mweston?
That was what was insinuated two days ago on the first page of this very thread, so I would imagine that that is what may well happen. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back