New Pix From Mweston!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys/Gals,

Yer all wrong. Planned delays are being induced by the Chinese until someone sends them boards to test how it fits in the cases. Then they reverse engineer in a couple of days and in mid January we will all get cheaper (but fake) Pandies.

relliker said:
Guys/Gals,

Yer all wrong. Planned delays are being induced by the Chinese until someone sends them boards to test how it fits in the cases. Then they reverse engineer in a couple of days and in mid January we will all get cheaper (but fake) Pandies.
They have all the parts they need to put them together and test them right now. The Ti chips are priced a little to steeply for a Chinese handheld anyway, all they need is the case and them put the same guts in it that every other 'MP4' uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
Pleng said:
LuvClub said:
Call me cynical, but I suspect that the new parts from the fixed moulds are yet again delayed and saying that urgent, final, firmware testing is taking up eveyone's time (even the 5 minutes required to snap and upload new case part pics is too much) is probably just an attempt to keep the mob at bay.

I don't think you're the only one who's sussed that! :D

You know, I think you could be right ;)
I feel this way also, but I don't blame them, if they officially said it wasn't going to ship before Christmas people would freak out. Right now it's still possible, I don't think they want to dampen our spirits until they are sure they won't ship before Christmas.

second exodous said:
Monk said:
Pleng said:
LuvClub said:
Call me cynical, but I suspect that the new parts from the fixed moulds are yet again delayed and saying that urgent, final, firmware testing is taking up eveyone's time (even the 5 minutes required to snap and upload new case part pics is too much) is probably just an attempt to keep the mob at bay.

I feel this way also, but I don't blame them, if they officially said it wasn't going to ship before Christmas people would freak out. Right now it's still possible, I don't think they want to dampen our spirits until they are sure they won't ship before Christmas.
From what history tells us, they wouldn't have told it might ship after christmas, if they didn't already know it will ship after christmas.

conso said:
second exodous said:
Monk said:
Pleng said:
LuvClub said:

From what history tells us, they wouldn't have told it might ship after christmas, if they didn't already know it will ship after christmas.

If the chinese factory isn't talking even to them. They might not have a clue what to tell us any way. Hedging their bets a bit...again?

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/?action=view&current=Pandora_assembly.jpg&sort=ascending

board pics

Hi,

new Pic on MWestons Photobucket-Site...

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/?action=view&current=Pandora_assembly.jpg

craigx was right...

---- ninja'd ;)

80 it is. Think BOTH sides are 'Accepted'? Also, looks like we'll have a unique board number on the lower right corner...

EDIT: don't count so good

Come on, that picture BEGS to be counted. Also, if you got one of these 80, you'd have a very special picture of your new baby shortly after conception.

Beautiful!

Hosted on Imageshack:

pandoraassembly.jpg

*Wipes a tear* I'm so proud! I sure hope one of those on the accepted side is mine. I will have no choice to check the number as soon as mine arrives and compare it to this photo. B)

second exodous said:
The Ti chips are priced a little to steeply for a Chinese handheld anyway, all they need is the case and them put the same guts in it that every other 'MP4' uses.

Or those so-called "MP5" players they're coming out with. A <sarcasm> revolutionary </sarcasm> new video format/player combination that requires no re-coding.

And according to Craigix's Twitter , those depicted are all accepted. The two out of 105 failed are not depicted on that photo.

sverm said:
second exodous said:
The Ti chips are priced a little to steeply for a Chinese handheld anyway, all they need is the case and them put the same guts in it that every other 'MP4' uses.

Or those so-called "MP5" players they're coming out with. A <sarcasm> revolutionary </sarcasm> new video format/player combination that requires no re-coding.

And according to Craigix's Twitter , those depicted are all accepted. The two out of 105 failed are not depicted on that photo.

So...is this photo of the 105 that OpenPandora have been stress testing for ages then? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back