New Pix From Mweston!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was acknowledged by the team (ED I think). It was just a matter of doing some final template adjustments before making the rest. No more prototypes or delays though, just fix it in software and fire up the production line IIRC.

Gruso said:
We were told (via a translated ED post) that the problem part was the upper half of the base (ie. the top surface where all the controls are). So no great surprises here. The new parts look fantastic though.

Paradox said:
more excuses..looks like I might be cancelling that pre-order sooner than I expected. sigh.
Yes, that 12 days you've been waiting since paying must have been HELLISH!

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
Gruso said:
We were told (via a translated ED post) that the problem part was the upper half of the base (ie. the top surface where all the controls are). So no great surprises here. The new parts look fantastic though.

Paradox said:
more excuses..looks like I might be cancelling that pre-order sooner than I expected. sigh.

:blink:

I think he's just experiencing his first period of pain waiting, where as we've gone through multiple over the past year :p He'll get used to it.

Awakening said:
Happy birthday MWeston!

I haven't posted in ages, too busy with other things but I'm still waiting for my Pandora and hoping it makes its way here before xmas.

I read through a bunch of posts in this thread but I couldn't find anyone mentioning this. I'm wondering if this is a final production keymat. If you look at the letters you'll notice that the distance between them and the left side of the keys varies depending on the width of the blue symbol. For example look at H and T and compare them to U and I, or compare B to N. I remember the height problem and that was fixed and I hope this problem has been fixed as well.

I'm not sure the vertical alignment is THAT good still - check out the bottoms of "ASDFG" - to me (without checking with a rule) it still looks like at the very least the "D" is high, perhaps the "F" is low, quite possibly they are all randomly "close to" but not actually ON a line. But as Gruso says, this is likely not the final layout (and looking at how nice other aspects of the very few finished bits are, it seems unlikely that they'd let the keyboard - a major Pandora exclusive - let the unit down so visibly).

Dave1234 said:
Anybody know what the piece above the X button in the first picture is?
this got me thinking, and I couldn't figure it out. so I watched the old prototype assembly vid again, didn't see it in there either. My best guess is that it's possibly part of the hinge, but if not I have no idea.

craigix said:
Paradox said:
Consequence9 said:
perhaps they were mailed separately for one reason or another and the rest of the case has yet to arrive *shrugs*

Send me your order details, I'm going to cancel it for you today.

And yes, the rest is in another package which didn't arrive today, and it's Michaels birthday so he is away for the rest of the weekend.
please do this so someone deserving (anyone who is not whiny and impatient one or the other people) gets one. Seriously People calm down these delays are to ensure you get the best product possible not some cheap "Rushed" piece of shit.
Oh and nice to see the final parts thanks for taking the time to show this to us and happy Bday. Nice to see the buttons are snes order too

Gruso said:
Paradox said:
ahh a hint at which order is from the undeserving which I think just looking at this thread no one would have a problem with you canceling his order

borgqueenx said:
The photos only remind me of the prototype craig made videos with...
Oh well still its nice to have more photos. Thanks:)
Only a few pieces (d-pad, buttons, battery cover) are new here. The rest of the case in the pictures is still the from old prototype.

Happy birthday MW, nice pictures, looking forward to seeing more!

JackTheKnife said:
Dave1234 said:
Anybody know what the piece above the X button in the first picture is?

LEDs extenders. IMO mini LED indicators will be soldered onto PCB and extended by those pices to let see them as a "regular" LED indicator outisde of the body.
I think Dave was asking about the strange thing on this photo: http://pandorapress.net/files/2009/11/DSC016052.jpg
I guess it's a part of the lid hinge.

MonkeyChops said:
Thanks for the effort Mweston! Buttons look good!

I did notice one thing, are the pandora buttons going to be shipped in that order? I thought they had to be 'Y' over 'X' and 'A' to the left of 'B' just like the GP2X because of copyrights or something.

basics1.png

I would also like some clarification about this issue. I won't complain either way, but I'd like to know. I personally would prefer it to be the GP2X's layout, while I know most everyone else would prefer it to be SNES layout. It'd be nice to know which one to expect.

-God Ginrai

Attachments

• basics1.png
    basics1.png
    96 KB · Views: 190
i thought they asked for the same texture as the dsi? ie matte, ever so slightly rubberised type feel to it? these parts just look shiny?

Last time I asked ED about the final button layout because I required it for my projects, he told me to look at the recent renders as that should be the final layout - he didn't remember it himself tho.

craigix said:
Paradox said:
Consequence9 said:
perhaps they were mailed separately for one reason or another and the rest of the case has yet to arrive *shrugs*

That was a bit uncalled for. I must have read around 30-40 other posts along similar lines, I didn't see anyone getting all high & mighty then.

quartercast said:
craigix said:

That was a bit uncalled for. I must have read around 30-40 other posts along similar lines, I didn't see anyone getting all high & mighty then.
No, I think Craig was pretty polite. The guy asked to cancel his order, and Craig said "sure, send me your info and I'll do it". That's called prompt reply to customer query.

You have no proof that Craig meant it in a nasty way. You can't tell what someone's tone is when you see text on a screen. :)

quartercast said:
craigix said:
Paradox said:
Consequence9 said:

Well according to Paradox' mail, he has been planning to cancel all along. Surely, it is a good idea that Craig wants it handled right away so another can get the Pandora.

quartercast said:
craigix said:
Paradox said:
Consequence9 said:

Craigs potshots seem pretty random. Maybe he figured Paradox would be an easy target? Either way, Craig prefers not to get involved in ensueing shitstorms - hit and run, and leave it to others to defend/re-interpret his behaviour for him.

Monk said:
quartercast said:
craigix said:
Paradox said:
Consequence9 said:

Craigs potshots seem pretty random. Maybe he figured Paradox would be an easy target? Either way, Craig prefers not to get involved in ensueing shitstorms - hit and run, and leave it to others to defend/re-interpret his behaviour for him.

haha i like his style, although you all deserve it :p

probably because he knows it never goes anywhere. The randomness is probably just due to mood, I kno I have the tendency to snap on ppl when I've been previously agitated. I don't think it's even that deep, i doubt he chooses 'targets', they just happen to be there. This time it was probably something along the lines of 'wow we've finally got some final parts in our hands & it's Michael's birthday, the forumers must be pleased, lemme check... ... ... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU'

Or it could be due to accumulation of his previous posts.
But at the moment the extremes on both sides irritate me.
a ) It's nearly there stop the winging and moaning, can't you see how close we are. (Even when people ain't, it just makes people have to defend reasonable comments, which makes it sound like winging and it makes the forum feel negative.)
b ) This is bloody stupid, I'm fed up of their crap. (If your that fed up then get a refund, then come back and say you got it and say bye.)

Ooooooooh my feelings, STFU. Some cry baby aint even waited two weeks pissing please ^_* Not every customer is worth having and you're not truly self employed until you've 86'ed a few assholes from the shop else you're a bloody slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back