New Pix From Mweston!

Status
Not open for further replies.
atomicthumbs said:
Hey, Consequence9 - could you edit your post so it links the images from PandoraPress, so as not to get MWeston's Photobucket account suspended?

http://pandorapress.net/files/2009/11/DSC016052.jpg

http://pandorapress.net/files/2009/11/DSC01612.jpg

I just got the media library function on the blog fixed, so this is easy :)
I just did one last edit on the blog. OCD man has spoken and the edit war is now over. :D Great work getting the media library sorted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit. The difference between FDM and Mold injection is night and day. FDM really looks like shit compares to the real deal! Well, lots of games are out now that I want to finish playing, so no big deal really. My November is packed with work anyway. Do hope to have it by Dec though.

Dave1234 said:
Anybody know what the piece above the X button in the first picture is?

LEDs extenders. IMO mini LED indicators will be soldered onto PCB and extended by those pices to let see them as a "regular" LED indicator outisde of the body.

Iorgy77 said:
Paradox said:
(naw)mcx said:
Paradox said:
GunPei2X said:
Gruso said:
Good catch! Heh.

Those parts look great.
i've been waiting for the release since it was announced
I think having the money in there from the start counts for more.

Anywho, those buttons look lovely, much nicer then I would of thought!
why?
Because you have had your money in it for 12 days, come back and bitch and whine after a year like the rest of us. ;)
+1 - Dawg, u didn't go thru the whole F5-war & server crash & whatnot just to get your order in, nor did you have to re-order & take a hit with exchange rates after the bank account was frozen, and if it weren't for craigix freeing up the web-shop's reserve units for pre-ordering you wouldn't even have a pre-order to whine about. Myself & many, many others have been thru all of it, and still manage not to whine about it despite parting with a sizeable chunk of change over a year ago. Following the project & having your money on the line are different things entirely. The amount of frustration this project has put us all thru is palpable, but much more so for the earliest of adopters & the team themselves; yet the majority of us just keep our chin up & mouth shut because we know that complaining won't make things go any faster. What you are calling excuses are merely situational realities beyond the control of the team. I really don't understand what kind of gratification you're looking for if new pictures only invoke whining. At this stage in the game you should be singing praises for being lucky enough to even get a first-batch pandora at all. If you are really that frustrated I kno more than a handful of people who would gladly take your spot
[/rant] no hard feelings, just the truth [as I see it]. Remember It only takes one person to piss in the punch...

atomicthumbs said:
Hey, Consequence9 - could you edit your post so it links the images from PandoraPress, so as not to get MWeston's Photobucket account suspended?

http://pandorapress.net/files/2009/11/DSC016052.jpg

http://pandorapress.net/files/2009/11/DSC01612.jpg

I just got the media library function on the blog fixed, so this is easy :)
Sure, I was actually waiting for someone else to host the images so I could do just that, thanks =]

He was damned if he did post pics as not what most was told to expect (bless all the F5'ing), damned if he didn't and wait for the next package.
And since people saw pics before explanation the odd one was bound to loose the plot(probably after explanation also sigh...), well could kinda guess who they'd be to be honest.
So probably best to just leave them to it because you'll just end up derailing thread because responses will just be kinda trolling type to you.

Consequence9 said:
Iorgy77 said:
Paradox said:
(naw)mcx said:
Paradox said:
GunPei2X said:
Gruso said:
Good catch! Heh.

Those parts look great.
i've been waiting for the release since it was announced
I think having the money in there from the start counts for more.

Anywho, those buttons look lovely, much nicer then I would of thought!
why?
Because you have had your money in it for 12 days, come back and bitch and whine after a year like the rest of us. ;)
+1 - Dawg, u didn't go thru the whole F5-war & server crash & whatnot just to get your order in, nor did you have to re-order & take a hit with exchange rates after the bank account was frozen, and if it weren't for craigix freeing up the web-shop's reserve units for pre-ordering you wouldn't even have a pre-order to whine about. Myself & many, many others have been thru all of it, and still manage not to whine about it despite parting with a sizeable chunk of change over a year ago. Following the project & having your money on the line are different things entirely. The amount of frustration this project has put us all thru is palpable, but much more so for the earliest of adopters & the team themselves; yet the majority of us just keep our chin up & mouth shut because we know that complaining won't make things go any faster. What you are calling excuses are merely situational realities beyond the control of the team. I really don't understand what kind of gratification you're looking for if new pictures only invoke whining. At this stage in the game you should be singing praises for being lucky enough to even get a first-batch pandora at all. If you are really that frustrated I kno more than a handful of people who would gladly take your spot
[/rant] no hard feelings, just the truth [as I see it]. Remember It only takes one person to piss in the punch...
he may not have gone through all of that, but i did. and i echo his sentiment.

ps how are you too lazy to write out full words but take the time to put in pointless font effects?

flcl is a shitty anime and people who like it just like to pretend its deep or profound

Xian Long said:
PoisonedV said:
flcl is a shitty anime and people who like it just like to pretend its deep or profound
am i missing some sort of reference related to flcl

also, nice pyramid
no, he's just a confused closet weeaboo.

it's ok.

leave him alone, he's on a quest to get banned/suspended.

at least pretend you take loads of offense.

Whatever your name was, Paradox, I really hope craig *forces* you to take a refund, the Pandora could go to someone who isn't a whiny preteen.

PokeParadox said:
mindlord said:
Happy Birthday Michael! I love the smooth cool sheen, it's so much better than piano black! Looks to be quite fingerprint resistant. For those on about the button arrangement. The keying on the buttons is exactly the same, so no matter what layout it ships with, changing it to suit your liking will be a simple un-screw, swap, and reassemble.
And recompile your favourite games to use your custom button map?
If the Pandora itself provides some form of remapping then I'd easily agree with you but just swapping the buttons around does not magically swap buttons around in the software.

As has been said before, you can change the button layout in software for all buttons. Probably just a simple Xorg change, or using xmodmap.

XD +1 to those who think 12 days is nothing

and HappyBday MW,

are all the sample parts on MP? just to make em run FASTer!

i hate when im bout to loose the faith and then we get some nice juicy meaty news.

btw some Q.

whats that bubbly part over the battery cover, and why the right side looks bited?
edit:(are those the gummy feet? i thought they were embedded onto the lower case part, i hate when they fall apart like they did on my old laptop leaving a nasty set of shapt edges)
and is the pen bout to arrive in the next sample pack?
whats that little piece over the X button?, is it a part of the display hinge?

edit: as a comment, the battery lid clips doesnt look soo reinforced as they said, my vainilla GB had a much more thick piece anyway, pics are great
edit2: im so curious please leeme see the underneath of the buttons!!, i want to see the structure of the dpad so i know if ill have to order extra ones like i had to reconstruct my old Gamepad for my pc.

The parts and battery cover look absolutely beautiful!
I look forward to seeing the full case.
These parts even look like they will make the Pandora look even slimmer and of course sleeker.
I'm one of those people that just watch and don't post much, but I've been watching this project from the very beginning, and I really like how its going.
And I am very happy that preordering has lasted as long as it has.
I've always been to broke to order :lol: and now I finally have sufficient funds to buy this beautiful machine.

And Thank You MWeston! But I do have one question about the light tubes, are they like the OEM Wiimote's light tubes where there a bit smoked to give a nice light effect or are they like they like the Chinese replacement shells where they are completely clear and you see the LED brightly? (not too pretty BTW)
Regardless of the tubes I will still be ordering though.

Thanks for the update! :p

Gary13579 said:
Whatever your name was, Paradox, I really hope craig *forces* you to take a refund, the Pandora could go to someone who isn't a whiny preteen.

PokeParadox said:
mindlord said:
Happy Birthday Michael! I love the smooth cool sheen, it's so much better than piano black! Looks to be quite fingerprint resistant. For those on about the button arrangement. The keying on the buttons is exactly the same, so no matter what layout it ships with, changing it to suit your liking will be a simple un-screw, swap, and reassemble.
And recompile your favourite games to use your custom button map?
If the Pandora itself provides some form of remapping then I'd easily agree with you but just swapping the buttons around does not magically swap buttons around in the software.

As has been said before, you can change the button layout in software for all buttons. Probably just a simple Xorg change, or using xmodmap.
XD, craig really seems confident when he asked for the data on the refund, weird but makes me feel more confident on the proyect.

and im more on the M$ windows side, but hey if it doesnt, just rewrite the driver (or wait someone to do it) to add the functionality.

Looks great so far! Thanks so much for the pictures and I look forward to more after the weekend when the second package arrives. You guys rock!

Happy Birthday MWeston

PoisonedV said:
Obvious flame bait... but what the hell.

I'll preface this by saying I'm not a fan of FLCL, in fact I've haven't even watched it. But does everything you like have to have some kind of meaning? Can't a person just be a fan of an anime or cartoon or video game or work of art because on some emotional or otherwise non-rational level they find it appealing?

In my opinion, people who look for meaning in everything are missing the random, senseless realism that makes life interesting and worth while. To wax philosophical for moment, to believe that everything has meaning and that we can discern that meaning through rational though would imply that human beings are nothing more than Turing-compatible machine. I would prefer to believe that we something more than a deterministic collection of atoms.

I haven't seen FLCL but I know vaguely what it's about. I don't think there's anything wrong with people liking it. As I understand it, it make a lot more sense than most of the anime that comes out of Japan. There are worse things a person could do with there life than being a weeaboo. (Like being a troll.)

PoisonedV said:
he may not have gone through all of that, but i did. and i echo his sentiment.

ps how are you too lazy to write out full words but take the time to put in pointless font effects?

I understand why one might feel that way, and I agree that not everything has been handled in the best manner (far from it in many cases), however it bears repeating that this is (even compared to GPH) an extremely small, uncentralized, inexperienced rag-tag team of guys on the internet that have taken on a project that is at it's core extremely ambitious. It's not surprising to me that they essentially bit off more than they could chew. There were also a multitude of external problems that no one could have reasonably foreseen. I mean how many people do you think would have actually been able to make it this far? People need to keep in mind that this is basically a 'garage' operation & that normal expectations can't be applied here. This isn't your cut & dry gamestop console, this is the first of it's kind (at least in terms of features) & it should have been expected that it would be a pretty bumpy ride. I agree that there has been a lot of misinformation, broken promises or whatever you want to call it (especially from one member in particular), but one needs to keep in mind that he is not the enemy here & he's got to be at least 4,000x more stressed/frustrated than any one of us can rightfully claim to be. I don't think craig is guilty of lying, only being overly optimistic. I don't think he would knowingly mislead the community if he didn't think (at the time) that the dates he was giving were plausible by some measure. Of course the estimations turned out to be way off, but it surely was due only to niavety and not malcontent. We have the right to be frustrated, but it really should be kept in cheque so as not to bite the hand that feeds.

@ p.s. - force of habit ;]

@ flcl remark - I didn't say it was, however that scene has a certain significance to me ;] to each his own. There's a term that I can't remember off the top of my head that fits wht you're describing. It's the phenomenon of writers/directors putting in nonsensical bits in shows to create the illusion of depth for the purpose of fuelling speculation & ultimately bolstering ratings (ie. the last two episodes of NGE).

I like the D-pad. ^_^ Also, happy belated birthday, MWeston. (I'm assuming this is belated, but if it isn't then ignore the word "belated")

-God Ginrai

Happy birthday MWeston!

I haven't posted in ages, too busy with other things but I'm still waiting for my Pandora and hoping it makes its way here before xmas.

I read through a bunch of posts in this thread but I couldn't find anyone mentioning this. I'm wondering if this is a final production keymat. If you look at the letters you'll notice that the distance between them and the left side of the keys varies depending on the width of the blue symbol. For example look at H and T and compare them to U and I, or compare B to N. I remember the height problem and that was fixed and I hope this problem has been fixed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back