New Pix From Mweston!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. Whenever there is a photo with the pandora's buttons (no matter in what context) in a thread, people will start to discuss about their layout.

Just get over it, I even got used to the playstation's buttons in no time, though they follow no logical layout at all.

Prometheus said:
Can either of you guys link to the relevant patent documents, please? I must admit that I find the notion of an arrangement of lettered buttons being patented to be rather odd. ;)
I'd always been a bit confused by the button layout "patent" thing as well. Maybe my search powers suck, but all I could find was that Nintendo has a patent on the cross-shaped D-pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Tj- said:
Prometheus said:
Can either of you guys link to the relevant patent documents, please? I must admit that I find the notion of an arrangement of lettered buttons being patented to be rather odd. ;)
I'd always been a bit confused by the button layout "patent" thing as well. Maybe my search powers suck, but all I could find was that Nintendo has a patent on the cross-shaped D-pad.

I read that years ago, so patenting the locations of A and B buttons wouldn't be too far fetched in my mind. I just think the possibility that one can do that is stupid.

hehe, I just remembered how confusing the button-layout of the n64 was. like a game says "press <-" and you have 3 ways to interpret that sign ^^

n64 pad

conso said:
hehe, I just remembered how confusing the button-layout of the n64 was. like a game says "press <-" and you have 3 ways to interpret that sign ^^
Man, I know how confusing that can be. When I first played the SNES at a friend's house, he kept saying "press L"... and having never heard of an "L button" before this, I kept pressing "left".

"I AM pressing L!!" :lol:

I guess the fact that we're looking at the final case has flown over most people's heads if the only thing they can talk about is the button arrangements ;)

It doesn't really matter much anyway.
When the game says "Press A to jump", if I'm not sure I look, and then I just remember the right button is jump.

All the argument comes down to whether you play on DS or XBox the most. (or whatever)

EDIT: Also final case whoo!

2v54y.jpg

Attachments

• 2v54y.jpg
    2v54y.jpg
    503 bytes · Views: 147
MDave said:
LeChuck87 said:
new photo on mwestons account...

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/?action=view&current=DSC01620.jpg

Holy shit that looks like the final case at last! Wooohooooo, our first glimpse of it!

Yeah, but there's an analogue nub missing. It's like walking outside with your fly down. :<

MDave said:
I guess the fact that we're looking at the final case has flown over most people's heads if the only thing they can talk about is the button arrangements ;)
Not at all - I merely wanted confirmation about the oft-claimed patents that are allegedly preventing the team from using particular button layouts. ;)

Regarding the case, I must say, I'm afraid I can't tell from the picture whether that is the final case or not - on my two machines, it appears too dark for me to tell. The slight graininess in the picture is throwing my eyes off considerably. :p I can't speak for anyone else, but that's why I didn't pass comment on that, personally.

I do like the single nub, there, though. :lol:

I think if it really was the final case we would have a lot more pix/official word by now

Prometheus said:
MDave said:
Not at all - I merely wanted confirmation about the oft-claimed patents that are allegedly preventing the team from using particular button layouts. ;)

Regarding the case, I must say, I'm afraid I can't tell from the picture whether that is the final case or not - on my two machines, it appears too dark for me to tell. The slight graininess in the picture is throwing my eyes off considerably. :p I can't speak for anyone else, but that's why I didn't pass comment on that, personally.

Hint: It's not the black FDM case because the edges of the case are far to clean cut, and the hinge looks perfectly flush too. Not to mention the light pipes are fit correctly. The only other smooth textured, clean cut Pandora's are the transparent ones we seen halfway through the year ;) The only thing missing is silk screening, and of course the missing analog :D

MDave said:
Prometheus said:
MDave said:

Hint: It's not the black FDM case because the edges of the case are far to clean cut, and the hinge looks perfectly flush too. Not to mention the light pipes are fit correctly. The only other smooth textured, clean cut Pandora's are the transparent ones we seen halfway through the year ;) The only thing missing is silk screening, and of course the missing analog :D

I think you may be right. However, I'd like to see some official word to confirm this.

EDIT: Craig, are we not going to do the ABXY in the style the GP2X did it? Not growing up with the SNES, I quite like that style and would like to see the Pandora with that layout. (However, I will have no complaints if the ABXY does turn out to be SNES-layout or otherwise)

-God Ginrai

I agree with MDave, I didn't think the FDM cases could accommodate the light pipes. There are some black CNC cases around - but why show off the new injection moulded pieces in an FDM case, then show off the light pipes in a CNC case? Perhaps because injection moulded parts stand out more in an FDM case than they would in a CNC case?

Mysteries! Enigmas!

If it was a final case there would be a post saying "Look this is the final case, no more waiting for the chinese to finish the moulds" we might get are pandoras for christmas although I know it probably aint gonna happen coz there's a lot of things to do in less than 5 weeks. It would be super cool if it could somehow be pulled off though.

^TBH that light tube not looking too pretty....I hope its incomplete tubes...^

Are you looking at a different picture? they look pretty dam fine to me..

ThaDSman said:
TBH that light tube not looking too pretty....I hope its incomplete tubes...
This is the text supplied with the picture;

Light pipe test
Red is a bit bright, but the rest are a nice glow. I still would like the plastics company to consider adding a haze to the top surface to diffuse the light a bit and that was always the plan. Test parts get no surface treatment at all. They are raw parts ejected from the molds and shipped to me

ThaDSman said:
TBH that light tube not looking too pretty....I hope its incomplete tubes...

Did you read the description below the image?

MWeston said:
Light pipe test
Red is a bit bright, but the rest are a nice glow. I still would like the plastics company to consider adding a haze to the top surface to diffuse the light a bit and that was always the plan. Test parts get no surface treatment at all. They are raw parts ejected from the molds and shipped to me

EDIT: Ninja'd

-God Ginrai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back