new pandora user couple questions

BCable

1) what is the root password?

2) where are the configs for wifi? i see no wpa_supplicant.conf anywhere

3) why do certain apps (file chooser, psx4all in particular) crash or spit out errors on /media?

so far my only complaint is thickness. other than that things are remarkably smooth and easy to use. i want to tahnk everyone who put in time and effort to make this thing easier to use than my android phone. <3

sent from my pandora

I've moved this over to Support, since it's a better fit there. :p Anyway;

1: My understanding is that by default, there isn't one, the same as with many distros that primarily use sudo. I'm pretty sure that you can set one, though.

2: I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that.

3: I don't know the answer to this one, either, but I feel compelled to mention that psx4pandora is *ancient* and has long since been superseded by PCSX-ReARMed.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i can answer your first question :p the root password should just be the same as your user password that you use to login/set when you first got your pandora.

As for the others i must digress.

Hi,

1) Should be whatever you used to create your user account. :ph34r:

2) Not sure :ph34r:

3) I think Thunar (if thats the File chooser you speak of) has a bug in, that it will crash out a few folders deep if you are using it in 'list or detailed list mode' under the 'View' options on the title bar. Better to navigate around in icon mode, then switch to list mode within a large directory if required. As Prometheus says Psx4all is largely defunct now, as the few games it ran better than PCSX are probably all working well now. It does make a handy fullscreen application to allow you to clean the screen without launching programs though. (no offense to Zodttd intended)

Okay PCSX-ReARMed is working better, but the game crashed. More questions:

4) Where are R2 and L2? I know it has them because the input test has them on the screen. Only two things I couldn't get lit up.

5) Are there universal buttons for leaving/quitting an application or the equivalent of Alt+Tab?

3) I was sure I tried my password, but will try again. Maybe it's just blank.

4) Where are R2 and L2? I know it has them because the input test has them on the screen. Only two things I couldn't get lit up.
They're solder pads, so that you can add the buttons yourself if you want to.

5) Are there universal buttons for leaving/quitting an application or the equivalent of Alt+Tab?
No, not really... :p As for alt and tab; Alt and tab works well for alt and tab. ;)

alundra, megaman x4, einhander, chocobo racing all work after i pointed to a real BIOS.

sudo su got me root.

A++++++++++++++++, would buy again

There is no root password by default.. IE you can't log in as root.

The regular users does have full sudoers access.. which means you can run a command as if you were root by sudo your_command and you just put in your default user password.

if you REALLY want to set a root password so you can log in as root run this command.. I don't really see a reason why with full sudoers access.

Code:
sudo passwd

FYI the input tester shows l2/r2 buttons because there are solder pads on the boards for those buttons. but there wasn't any room physically to place full sized trigger buttons.. I believe Askarus modded his out to have these buttons. For the rest of us, just having them mapped to the keyboard is fine.

Or more specifically, I think the root password is actually set to some random string, not 'no password'; you can set it yourself, but in general you do not need to.. 'sudo bash' gets you a root shell.

jeff

Back