[ New Pandora Use ] flashenv

The files it needs are in differing servers according to the Internet Address they come from when I look at them in the Temorary Internet Files folder. How would I get it to work?

crow_riot, I have been testing a number of games over the weekend, and as expected many of them run slow (they were made for desktop PCs) while I did find a number of very playable ones too. 

Wouldn't it be a good idea to actually make a compatibility list for Flashenv ? At least to help people find out the games that work the best with flashenv ? Let me know if you think that's a good idea and I can set it up. 

crow_riot, I have been testing a number of games over the weekend, and as expected many of them run slow (they were made for desktop PCs) while I did find a number of very playable ones too. 

Wouldn't it be a good idea to actually make a compatibility list for Flashenv ? At least to help people find out the games that work the best with flashenv ? Let me know if you think that's a good idea and I can set it up. 
hint, hint

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15799-idea-legalroms-market/#entry320727/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi can you maybe buildin a Delete Option?

I downloaded a bis Flashgamespack with over 1000 Games and want to sort out.

Or can i maybe install your Flashenv onto the Nand and associate Swf Files with it?

Hm yes, a compatibility list or at least a list with games playing well enough would be a good idea. go for it if you want :)

Hi can you maybe buildin a Delete Option?

I downloaded a bis Flashgamespack with over 1000 Games and want to sort out.

Or can i maybe install your Flashenv onto the Nand and associate Swf Files with it?
I'll look at it when i find time. Shouldnt be very difficult to handle (if you don't have some special characters in your swf names :) )

what probably would be good is a direct link to the .swf... that way we/I could add a download feature to the UI
Hey, if you could do that that would be JUST GREAT :) I'll definitely add this info. 

By the way having thumbnails/icons for games would be great, too. 

got binding of isaac to somewhat work.. It's very slow in the actual game part on the pandora, even at 1.1ghz. However I wonder if theres a way to force the resolution to be smaller then what I assume it has the screen. if you're looking for the pure SWF its sold by the humble indy bundle, as well with a steam key. (I went down this route because, charity, linux port, and access to SWF right away as well as a steamkey.. Its a win win no matter how you slice it :D ) However i haven't tried the demo I presume its the same. (If we can at least get an setting configuration that gets binding of Issac 30% more playable then it would be huge!)  I'll start derping around with settings and see what I can do :)

Update: Upon further monkeying with settings binding of isaac is still very slow/ unplayable and some settings cause it just crash ingeneral or just freeze up. Its not consisent some times I never make it past the opening animation (which plays flawlessly) putting it on low makes it run slightly better, and setting the game's setting to low increases it until enemies apear the screen. Then it either gets slow or freezes.  Damn how cool would have it been to have this running on the pandora. Hmm maybe thats a feat for the pyra to own.

I cant seem to get the ui to come up, dpad - y does nothing...

huh, never heard of that problem ... i mean, you start flashenv and within the UI you press dpad-Y to get the configuration settings. thats not supposed to work while playing an .swf ...

try looking up the window width and source in the html page and config it accordingly inside the ui. i think that could work. leave framebuffer width and height at 0.

cant check for you as i'm on my mobile right now.

Finally got around to installing flashenv.

Looking at the wiki compat list, terry cavanagh's "maverickbird" is green and somehow someone got it working. For me all I get is a black screen though.

I don't know if it matters in this case but I have a classic 256M unit. And I'm on SZ 1.60 with the recent unstable update from this weekend. 

Also I put the .swf in a "terrycavanaghgames.com" folder like it said on the wiki, but it didn't help.

Hm, any ideas?

Also, I couldn't set Pandora buttons to act as arrow keys or as a Shift key in UI

Ah well, currently not much time and energy to work on things. I'll see when I can get the location override to work so that all those "domain checks" will work ... It isn't really much to do, but still has to be done.

Also, I couldn't set Pandora buttons to act as arrow keys or as a Shift key in UI
I currently only accept ascii keycodes. The arrow keys are already mapped as DPAD from the system.

just took part of my lunch break to implement location fake support. no build yet, just commited to github. build will follow soonish (ASAP ... when i get home)

Back