New NES emu i think

Shrike

http://site.voila.fr/gp32themes

just dled but sounds promising this is pulled out of the readme

[Features]
----------

+mappers supported : 0,1,2,3,4,7,9.
+cpu emulation by Nofrendo cpu core.
+apu emulation by Nofrendo apu core (slighlty modified).
+own ppu emulation, scanline based (more accurate emulation).
+load/savestate, snss format.
+sram saved in .srm file.
+compressed roms in zip format.
+fastforward to skip long -boring- sequences.
+GUI.
+bugs (hey, nobody is perfect!)

lets give it a try :)

EDIT: thanks to NhuNhu for pointing it out in #gp32

No, it's a very promising emu. Without sound and frameskip set to 1 most roms run at 90-100%

-edit- It runs at 133 Mhz

just tried castlev 1 in it, 80% frame skip 1 sound on? not sure if sound works

Is it possible that this is a leaked Fnes32 release :( we don't want to go and get ryleh ticked off :( and have him not release fnes32 :angry:

WOW!!!!
btw, I don't know why people say there's no sound, just push R button and press start when you're pointing at "sound"

I wasn't watching my IRC ... d'oh! When I checked it and scrolled up I came across the new emu and posted news about it straight away. It's legit, it's fairly fast, and is a good competition for fNES imo, although fNES is getting to be perfect :)

A promising emu and the coder has begin the port of a wonderswan emu for the GP 32 :)

FOr the record this relase DOES NOT have sound. It has the option in the menu for sound, but it doesn't support it. BUT this is great, im pkaying Mario 3 at great speed(frameskip 1) and SAVES!

FOr the record this relase DOES NOT have sound. It has the option in the menu for sound, but it doesn't support it. BUT this is great, im pkaying Mario 3 at great speed(frameskip 1) and SAVES!
It DOES have sound, I hear it with my own ears. <_<
Playing super mario 3 myself. :D

But you have to have it on frameskip 7-8 to play with good sound. ;)

Otherwise frameskip 1 with no sound works great. :D

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
thats funny, im playign right now with frameskip max(7 or 8) and volume maxed out. i hear nothing. Just got sound now by turning sound off...haha what the heck? Must be a mistake. cool nonetheless

just run mario3 as a test, running with sound on (yes there is sound) frameskip 2 seems to be my preference,
better than frameskip 1 without sound, seems to run around 70-80% speed and with save support i time for me to complete mario again

looks like it says speed:66 mhz. gee,if its only running tat then all we need to do is overclock to get it running MUCH faster

its not fnes, fnes is faster with great sound :)
there really is no point to this emu, but still nice to see people hard at work with gp32 stuff

OMG this will definately hold me off till the new fnes32. I can now play Zelda NES with sound FS2 and 92-96% speed. I can also play Kirby and Metroid (both perfectly!!) with FS2 and 100% speed! (but no sound :() man this emulator is great... makes me wonder how long the author was working on this secretly :p

its not fnes, fnes is faster with great sound

I assume you are talking about the unreleased Fnes, we don't even have that yet, so its not like you can use it....

Back