New Life Breathed Into Gp32 Theatre...

Well, not as far as I know; there are different formulas in the US and in Europe; in Europe it's death of the creator + 70 years, but in the US it's simply anything before or during 1922 (I know I forgot the "during" in my last post; it's fixed now ;) ).

I don't think it moves up to 1923 either.

Basically, some things that are still under copyright protection in Europe are public domain in the US. :rolleyes:

Esn posted on Aug 31 2004 at 05:05 AM said:
Did you know that in the US all movies made before or during 1922 are public domain?
That includes many comedy shorts from Chaplin, Keaton, Lloyd, Arbuckle and other comedians!

So if somebody has a DVD of them, I guess it would be legal to put them on the website, right?

I thought those were on DVD box sets. You mean you can freely copy those and it isn't considered piracy? Are you sure about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
can you send it movies to gptheatre cus i got a bunch of really good amv's here and i downloaded virtaldub from GP32eu.com en that "processing settings" file and it works good if i load that file and a movie it is smaller and all that shit but if i click on save as avi it says it doesn't have enough cpu memory

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i downloaded: the animatrix, pokemon amv and something about cgi stormtroopers and every time i try to load them my gp restarts

yup, but can i send in my amv's if i can convert them?

question: i downed the virtual dub from GP32eu.com and the virtual dub file but if i try to save a file as .avi i get an error: not enough memory

i think it's the file i use with tha settings so i downloaded a new one (i'm a lazy bastard) i downloaded them from the GPcinema forum here but my first pass is 800 mb and my second pass is also 800 mb and that ain't right. if someone can help me with a settings file and if not i will try that faq again. i realy want to do this cus i got a shitload of cool amv's and i want them on my gp and i want them to share with you guys.

Back