GP32 Long life GP32 ?

reeced

There's been a lot of discussion lately about the possibility of hibernation for the GP32. I presume this is mainly prompted by the desire to leave the machine in it's current state, particularly for gaming, without completely flattening the batteries.
My idea is nothing new - you used to be able to get large battery packs for walkmans to give you extra life.
With newly available high power D-Cells - NiMh 9000ma - it should be possible to get up to 40 hrs on your GP32. You can get a 2xD-Cell battery holder , with PP3 connector, from any electronic store. Get a PP3 connector lead and solder a GP32 power plug to it. The assembly, at a push, should fit into the standard GP32 case.

Thats not a bad idea reeced, and it wouldnt require tooo much knowledge, perhaps someone should make a guide?

:lol: C00l

Sounds lie a real good idea but with n00bs like me a good guide is a must have.

suc6 NiN^_^NiN

I tink he means, get 2 D-cell batteries, duct tape them togeether, soldero on the woires, and the power plug, and plug it in the power hole inside the gp32.

That would roxors!!!

kill me2 posted on Sep 7 2003 said:
I tink he means, get 2 D-cell batteries, duct tape them togeether, soldero on the woires, and the power plug, and plug it in the power hole inside the gp32.

That would roxors!!!
Ehm sounds c00l I'll wait until the n00b guide is released 40 hour GP32 playing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
40 hours ore something?
i will do it too...
just hate to spend more and more money on small batteries :(

Sorry i haven't had time to buy the parts but here it is.

The whole project will cost $5 :)

You need to buy a 2 X D CELL SIDE BY SIDE Battery Holder

productLarge_2370.jpg

Buy a cable that has universal plug socket on the end.

Then buy the plug that fits into the gp32

So all you do is plug the wire from the battery pack into the power adapter plug that will plug into the gp32

so it's like plugging the gp32 into a wall socket but u have the power in your pocket.

You could mount the DD batteries on the back of the gp32 but i woudlnt recomend it.

i have all the parts besides the battery holder just havent had time to go out and buy 1.

But here is the prices:

2 X DD Battery Holder $1.90
Power Plug for the gp32 $2.00
wire with the universal socket $1.00

Very simple im sure you guys can find some of the stuff somewere cheaper.

This is in Australian dollars so it would be cheaper for you guys :)

But then u have to buy the DD batteries ;) rechargeables r what you should get.

Hope this helps i will try to buy the battery holder.

:ph34r:

Only 5,- That's not much :p
I'll try to mod the Battery Holder in the GP32 that would be really c00l.

Anyway did you tested it al ready?

Ok, i got all the neccessary equpiment.

Which brings this question, wont too much mAh fry my gp32? and will adding batteries with the same mah add up? (9000+9000=18000mAh?)

Well, it is done, and it looks like it works perfectly fine!

Heres a pic of it:
powerpack.jpg

YAY!!!! 20 hours on gp32!!!!!!!!!
You can add more batterys, but it would be too bulky, heavy and big.

Not sure, I found the battery holder in my dusy ole garage next to my arcade machine and bought the adapter for very cheap in some swap meet.

Usually, the battery holder and the special plug would cost a bit of monet to get, usually around $20

I realized that $20 is a bit too much, but thats the price you pay if you went to the damn rip-off store called "Radio Shack"

Back