New Gpadvance Version - V1.48

generalnmx posted on Jul 7 2004 at 11:33 AM said:
We all know Nintendo made sure all ROMs are encoded with information to send back to them through transistor fillaments if the GBA ROMs are ever emulated on a handheld.
Uhm, so basically what you're saying is the GBA roms check wether or not they're playing on a GBA, making it impossible to clone a GBA. But, that's not what we're trying to do :/ And what do transistor fillaments have to do with this :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
whats probably gonna happen with this emu.

decent speed without sound.
some games work over 4mb
partial sound.

which is really all you need.

jegHegy posted on Jul 7 2004 at 07:34 PM said:
what's probably gonna happen if you people don't stop jumping to conclusions and prophesizing the future.

i'll slaughter everyone and their dogs.
well, bad luck for you.......I don´t have a dog

Last edited by a moderator:
the 1.5h old version 1.32 is a great improvement, with changable clockspeed, frameskip, fullscreen. I am not sure if caching works though (which I assume is for roms >4MB), someone else would have to try it out. International Karate Advance runs well with 4 frameskip and 160Mhz in full screen, so it is definately happening :) The Chrono Trigger demo works now as well (it didn't before).

This is really excitng, and quite the surprise. If it gets full speed and more compatability, I'll likely get rid of my GBAs :D

whats new in 1.33
has anyone tried it
at the rate hes going we should have full compatibilty in like about 7 hours

umm, since 1.30, there is a full screen and full screen filtered mode, clock speeds of up to 180mhz, 0-5 frameskip (auto is on the list but hasent been coded). I am so happy with this emulator, I kick those 2 guys asses so easily in Karate Advanced in slow mo B)

Back