New Gp2x, Issue With Amicroe Sd Card

Taurondir

Still Fresh
I have done forum searches, I didnt hit anything relevant, so here goes.

First ed GP2X, bios v1.2.1; got a 1 Gig Amicroe SD, could not access it until I set the USB to slow speed 1.1, SD card then came online, and could write data to it from Windows XP.

Now, after I put a game on it and a few MP3's, I tried using the menus on the gp2x and it didnt see the files. I assumed I had to make special names, do i used the gp2x Explorer to take a look.

When I go to either the SD or the NAND folder, NOTHING shows on th screen, ie the entire list is blank, so blank it stays, I assumed it was either "thinking" or getting confused (ie error had occured) the manual states that folders should show, theres even a picture of the folder names and files in the example. One example pic also shows a "Trash" Icon in the top left - I dont have that at all.

Is this a possible issue with the brand SD, or the firmware version? Im really lost as Im a newbie at gp2x stuff, but cant find a solution or direction on google. Im a litle scared to try a flash to 1.4, as I dont have a powerpack, and I worried that as I cant see the files in explorer anyway, other variables may be in effect and all hell might break loose.

Im trying to get a flash reader, but since I can format the card while in the gp2x and write to it, it "seem" like he problem, oh yea, Its formatted to FAT32.

This happened to me when I tried to format the card through the gp2x. You need to use a card reader or use a digital camera.

If that works ... I want to marry you.

PS:Warning - Not applicable unless you're a GIRL.
PSS: As your sig is sand_man, im assuming youre not a girl ... got a sister?

Back