Need Help With Sd Card And Firmware Updating

Targus

Website
www.romnation.net
Hey all i just got a 2GB SD card for my gp2x off ebay today since i lost my old one... anyway i got a 1.40 fw gp2x and i put the 3.00 files on my new SD card and tried to upgrade but I dont think my gp2x can read card because when i get to the menu of SD or nand i choose SD and nothing shows up at all not even text files i am out of ideas... the card is also being weird it will not let me format it in FAT file system it keeps giving me the error saying cannot format so it has to be fat32... i thought that might of been the problem because i have a older firmware though it might not be able to read fat32... but i dont know i even tried putting the sega emulator on the card but my gp2x cant see any files... :( anyone have any ideas?
ps i am using a card reader for my SD card

evol said:
seems like you forgot to partition it
Can the gp2x handle multiple partitions, if so, could one partition an 8 gb card into 2 readable 4 gb partitions?

~Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
No you can't.

As for the OP: FW1.4 probably doesn't support your 2GB card as it has a different physical block size.

Squidge said:
No you can't.

As for the OP: FW1.4 probably doesn't support your 2GB card as it has a different physical block size.
well i had a 2GB card before and it worked... i just lost it so i had to get a new one.. how would i partition it?

Just make one big fat32 compliant partition with partition magic or cfdisk. (or any other partition program of your liking)
And then format that partition fat32.
If the gp2x don't pick up your SD use another one that "works" and upgrade to FW 2.1.1, then test your 2GB card in the new firmware.
And as always use caution when flashing firmwares follow the directions in the wiki http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Firmware_Upgrade

Targus said:
well i had a 2GB card before and it worked... i just lost it so i had to get a new one..
Is the new one exactly the same as the old one? (Same make, etc) ?

:( i think i am screwed anyway i searched on the internet before you guys posted on how to fix the SD problem alot of things came up for bent pins so i thought maybe it was that and opened up my gp2x and the little spring flew out i tried putting back it back it but when i compressed it to fit in the little area it was suppost to go in it flew out and i am unable to find it... :closedeyes: i am so sad....

Back