New Gp2x F-200

Lurkio said:
Fixed, well it will be if they take notice of my comment or ever put it onto the site. :rolleyes:

EDIT: they took notice of my comment, mood = smug ;)
They didn't bother updating the article though :).

Last edited by a moderator:
so aside from a touch screen and having a d-pad / being white, is it going to be any more powerful or the same hardware inside? and when it's out, shall I buy it right away or do they plan to release an updated version a few months after release like they did with the f100?

Paradox said:
so aside from a touch screen and having a d-pad / being white, is it going to be any more powerful or the same hardware inside?
Identical hardware inside. Probably even down to the dodgy battery connectors :)

Paradox said:
and when it's out, shall I buy it right away or do they plan to release an updated version a few months after release like they did with the f100?
We all know GPH will screw up the first version, so I'd wait...

Squidge said:
Paradox said:
so aside from a touch screen and having a d-pad / being white, is it going to be any more powerful or the same hardware inside?
Identical hardware inside. Probably even down to the dodgy battery connectors :)

Better Audio amp. That's all.

Last edited:
Fair enough. The big positive point being that there's less chance of breaking compatibility.

Any idea on how a third-party controls cap could attach to the unit?

You know, I think it's amusing that so many are willing to write off the new "D-Pad" without so much as testing it first... It looks to me a lot like the Wonderswan D-Pad, and I play Guilty Gear Petite and Pocket Fighters on my Wonderswans all the time - if I can pull off combos for those games without a problem using a pad like this, I think most people will find that this new D-Pad works very well with minimal adjustment. I'm sure it will be a significant improvement on the existing stick...

i own a gp2x F100 Mk2
I would like to see gph create a mod to upgrade the gp2x f100 mk1/2 to gp2x f200
that can be plugged into the EXT port (with a pass through plug)

tom_a_sparks said:
i own a gp2x F100 Mk2
I would like to see gph create a mod to upgrade the gp2x f100 mk1/2 to gp2x f200
that can be plugged into the EXT port (with a pass through plug)
Now how would a mod plugged into the EXT port give you a DPAD and touchscreen? :)

the EXT port is a usb host (http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/EXT_Port)
the screen can be coved with a touchscreen overlay
and the DPAD could be just a clip on (something like the number pad for a laptop)

tom_a_sparks said:
and the DPAD could be just a clip on (something like the number pad for a laptop)
:blink:

Oh ya, and monkeys could fly outta my butt! :D

tom_a_sparks said:
That would be one UGLY addon !

Whats turningmme off in buying the new gp2x is the same bad lcd screen viewing angle is the same. I bought a brand new mk2 about a month ago and sold couple days on ebay just couldnt enjoy playing on it worrying about holding just right to see anything. So bought a mk1 and way more happy than the new ones.

I already have a slim psp, and gonna buy used right firmware version psp for homebrew and emulators.

I have a question, and this isn't meant as a troll, but rather as a call for comparison:

Why would I buy an F200 instead of a Nintendo DS? Both have dpads, both have touchscreens, both have homebrew development. I bought one of the "first edition" F100s and was never happy with the thumbstick, so this time around I want to clue myself in completely about all alternatives before I buy something that's just going to end up in a box in the garage.

Back