New Gp2x F-200

DaveC said:
Pressing down on all at once is a bad way of doing the stick button. They would be better off ignoring that anyway. Almost nothing requires that now. The pad should have a true pivot point in the center or the control won't be that good.
Hey, I love my Stick-Click! :lol:
In GPSP I can display the FPS with it and in Gmenu2X I can controll the whole Menu one handed just with the Stick and its click. ;) And in Duke3D I use Stick Click for running.
Ok, GPH could be more clever and just add a seperate Button somewhere on the Case so we still would have the same button ammount like the older GP2X without needing a Stick-Click. But of course we know, GPH isn't very clever :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
DaveC said:
Pressing down on all at once is a bad way of doing the stick button. They would be better off ignoring that anyway. Almost nothing requires that now. The pad should have a true pivot point in the center or the control won't be that good.
Hey, I love my Stick-Click! :lol:
In GPSP I can display the FPS with it and in Gmenu2X I can controll the whole Menu one handed just with the Stick and its click. ;) And in Duke3D I use Stick Click for running.
Ok, GPH could be more clever and just add a seperate Button somewhere on the Case so we still would have the same button ammount like the older GP2X without needing a Stick-Click. But of course we know, GPH isn't very clever :lol:

Well you need a central pivot point for the pad to rock back and forth over to control well. Without that you may occasionally hit 3 or 4 directions at once causing game characters to stop moving momentarily etc. That would ruin gameplay. Do you want shit gameplay always just to have a function that is rarely required (most stuff has an alternative to the click)? Maybe you do but most, including me, wouldn't want to trade a good d-pad for a dumb click function.

that looks awesome if it's true. I'll definetly be forking over for it when it's out, even though I already have an f100.

jmetal88 said:
Anyone else besides me think that maybe they moved the stick click function to be a touch screen tap?
Actually you have to press all of the dpad buttons at once.

Blah said:
jmetal88 said:
Anyone else besides me think that maybe they moved the stick click function to be a touch screen tap?
Actually you have to press all of the dpad buttons at once.

The touch screen tap has to account for some button though, the stick click would be a perfect choice, in my opinion.

I think all the d-pad buttons at once is a bad choice. Then again, they're GPH, they're full of bad choices. Which probably means a touch screen tap isn't tied to an existing button and is an entirely new button.

jmetal88 said:
Then again, they're GPH, they're full of bad choices. Which probably means a touch screen tap isn't tied to an existing button and is an entirely new button.
Errm... the Touchscreen is a touchscreen... and not a button...?

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
jmetal88 said:
Then again, they're GPH, they're full of bad choices. Which probably means a touch screen tap isn't tied to an existing button and is an entirely new button.
Errm... the Touchscreen is a touchscreen... and not a button...?

Works like a mouse. Mice have buttons. :)

But you also need to drag without necessarily pressing a button. You guys are just being overly p®icky about this. The GP2X is a great device, and it deserves to live a long life even after Craig's new thing hits the market. The GP2X still has a lot of horsepower and potential in it. it may not be cutting-edge, but it doesn't need to be so in order to fulfill its purpose.

jmetal88 said:
I think it's sad that you guys are actually taking me seriously. :lol:
Well, You see there is this little obstacle in front of your face called your computer monitor, This actually makes it difficult for us to see the expressions on your face to tell if you are joking or not.

Trooper

mattc said:
"Regarding battery, it’s built-in Li-Ion 2500mAh that provides up to 3.5 hours of video playback time and 6 hours for music."
Fixed, well it will be if they take notice of my comment or ever put it onto the site. :rolleyes:

EDIT: they took notice of my comment, mood = smug ;)

trooper said:
jmetal88 said:
I think it's sad that you guys are actually taking me seriously. :lol:
Well, You see there is this little obstacle in front of your face called your computer monitor, This actually makes it difficult for us to see the expressions on your face to tell if you are joking or not.

Trooper

You've got it down now. :)

It's good to see that Craig's thinking ahead with regards to the D-Pad, it is however a shame that GPH are on their way to cocking things up again. Let's hope that ED's advice on reducing the button spacing will be taken seriously and acted upon.

However, separate U-D-L-R controls are always going to be second best to a whole control unit, such as the N-gage DaveC d-pad mod. I'd go as far to say that the D-pad mod offers the best digital controls on any system - it's so responsive. It's a pity the Mk3 couldn't offer something similar.

I too would happily pay the extra tenner for WiFi, it offers so much for homebrew apps. Movie streaming from your PC (far more usable than having to free space and copy video files to the SD card). Internet radio streaming - PSPRadio is a brilliant application. Internet support with less memory limitations than the PSP - plus with touchscreen support. Multiplayer via the internet: GP2X leagues for popular games. Imagine running Picodrive and getting a full list of current online players available to challenge, including familar names from this forum?

ste_167 said:
Imagine running Picodrive and getting a full list of current online players available to challenge, including familar names from this forum?
You could do all this on the PC and no-one has programmed it so it's not likely to happen even with wireless.

P-J said:
ste_167 said:
Imagine running Picodrive and getting a full list of current online players available to challenge, including familar names from this forum?
You could do all this on the PC and no-one has programmed it so it's not likely to happen even with wireless.

well, i suppose you could count the kaillera servers (and zsnes's netplay) but generally it's so far and few in between it makes things hard.

sephiroth111 said:
P-J said:
ste_167 said:

well, i suppose you could count the kaillera servers (and zsnes's netplay) but generally it's so far and few in between it makes things hard.

Yeah, I guess. I was just trying to make the point that people think wireless opens them up to loads of cool stuff but people forget there is also days, weeks and even months of coding behind this stuff that just won't get done.

Back