New Gp2x F-200

So basically it's a gp2x with touchscreen and a fresh OS design!?
Any new invisible improvement (I mean on the hardware side)?
Do you know if something else will be improved (except for the dpad?)
Will it be 100% compatible with all 2X apps?
And with the accesories?
I think some pda style apps on the launch would help a lot this handheld to be sold.

EDIT:playback times doesn't seem to have been improved

@Billy Lee: Considering the max resolution is 320x240, a VGA output is extremely unlikely as the GP2X's native resolution is too low.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but are the only new features limited to a touch screen, new white chassis, d-pad, and (maybe) upgraded firmware?

Have you see that Blood Cross will be released? :D

Humm... I don't know if I will be able to buy this new model... I have bought my GP2X less than 1 year ago!!!

If this is true, and it actually seems it is despite my initial scepticism, it will be the rebirth of the gp2x. Hope buid quality will be improved also, and that no soldering iron skills will be required to fix this one :rolleyes:

Simon Parzer said:
This is not funny. No, seriously, it's not. I mean, if it was April 1st or something, but simply out of the blue.. you are a jerk.
Who has egg on their face now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have egg on my face too and will happily admit it as I've been waiting for a GP2X with a dpad for ages. Those pics are still badly photoshopped though.

I have only just ordered the GP2X as well. I suppose a sensibe person would cancel the order but I think I'll keep it and wait and see what you guys think of the F200. I'm not convinced diagonals will be easy on that dpad.

I'm guessing it will be a new firmware since there's now a touchscreen. I just hope the new firmware won't break anything, well anything important anyways. Anywho...I'd be hesitant to buy a new one, mainly because mine can over clock to 280-300 stable depending on the app. If this can still OC that high I might consider buying it. The touch screen would add a nice "touch" to the computer emus and would be nice for new homebrew apps as well. I would like to save my money though for this "other new handheld" that's been spouted about in recent weeks.

this looks pretty cool. I have an mk1 and had thought about getting an mk2 so this real revision sounds pretty cool to me. I was worrying that the gp2x might not have much life in it but hopefully this will extend it and bring some new attention to it. I have felt that it was too early to abandon the gp2x for a new system especially just when the software for it is getting really good. W&W and alot of new great homebrew are good examples of that. I wonder if there will be any kind of improved usb host or anything like that. all in all great news. much better than the announcement of the "value pack" with with "upgraded" firmware that no one liked.

Don't think I'll be getting it... but only because I need to save money... (The avid collector of games stuff is itching to preorder it...)

I think it was a smart move that should have been made sooner, the inclusion of a DPAD typre controller. The touch-screen is nice but wifi may have been a better investment... Indeed Wifi would complement the touch-screen.

Heh this was not supposed to be revealed until their show next week.

This is also probably the reason why GPH have still not shipped our back ordered units.

I'll be in touch about what unit the current customers who are waiting will recieve.

Back