New Gigas Backward Compatability.

Pecaloja

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just a quick question. Pirotic,or someone else in the know. Will we still be able to edit and use currently half created games in the new Gigas, or will triggers, hotspots and the like be unusable. I am asking because I don't want to carry on with my present game if it wont work in the new version. Also do you want any Testing done on the new version, or help with any documents, as I will happily try some of those new features.(He says drooling with anticipation.) :)

i dont think there's much wrong with gigas now, sure it would be nice to have sound and stuff, but its akward doing everything on the GP32, there would be more games available for it just by adding a windows editor.

KickinWing posted on Feb 1 2005 at 11:31 PM said:
i dont think there's much wrong with gigas now, sure it would be nice to have sound and stuff, but its akward doing everything on the GP32, there would be more games available for it just by adding a windows editor.

personally I think the editor on the GP is excellent. the only problem is having to transfer files across when you want to use them, and that's a minor point if you plan out what you're trying to do first and just transfer them in a big batch...

Last edited by a moderator:
what would be nice is either a recompiler or a mini runtime of rpg maker 2k as there are tons of games made for it already. I had heard a word that Don Miguel was working on one a long while ago....any word on what became of it?

B) wildo2ne

Carrying on from the transfer of files theme, is there anyway to view whole screens from gigas on a PC. ie 100x100 tiles. I know each one is split up into 3 .dat files for the different levels, but are there any image viewers available to see these file types. This would help me as i could print out levels and see where they could be improved etc. Any ideas anyone???

Back