Some Gigas Engine Problems...

Zorn

Website
Visit site
help me! yesterday I've started to make a rpg with gigas engine. (great program)
BUT i have some problems

-in gigas engine version 7.1 there is a mario tileset with attack animations.
why can't i see the attack animations? (but just these from mario!!)
Has every one this problem?
i heard that you can just use 2 attack animations. is that right?
(can some give me a side where i can find more characters with attack animations? i can just find some without attack animations) :huh:

-there is the problem in version 7.1 that you can't move in the link-battleroom.
But i have edited a new level in this demo-game-version 7.1
now i want to put this new level in the demo-game-version 7.0 while i use the gigas engine version 7.1
because i want to use the battle room. ** :blink:

do you understand? i think that's not realy dificult but i have to know
the name of the level in the demo folder on my smc.

which names does the levels have? :huh:

:blink: **does it fix the problem when i use the demo game from the version 7.0?
or is it an problem in the whole gigas engine game 7.1?

what do you mean with it? mario? but he has an attack set in the demo game...
oh cool and could you give me the attack set from kirby?
or do you know where i can get some?

are you saying that the gigas 0.71 has a mario sprite and attach set built in?

i just upgraded the .FXE

it's difficult to find sprites on the net with attack animations. mostly they are for RPGmaker which has a seperate fight system.

i haven't tried the '50 links' room in version 0.71, so i don't know (i will try this tonight)

do you know that there is a seperate file for the attack animations? (it is not included in the normal sprite .BMP)

i think you should try to make a game from the beginning. it is not very hard to make a simple game, and you will learn faster. :) then you learn the small differences...

abc_Keks... would you like to share files, etc? PM me...

EDIT: i've got the .BMP to make a mario attack anim... lemme know if it's what you need...

Hiya, the link battle room is a glitch in the first version of Gigas 0.7.1, the 'show image' cutscene function is causing some memory overflow problem, so i disabled it and changed the download quickly after release.

basically if you want to use the show-image function, or want the working link room - just go back to the homepage and redownload it, the show image cutscene function is 'disabled' but once i get the bug fix'd i'll put it up again with it enabled again.

its a very very strange bug, in that the code hasn't changed - only the compiler has changed version, so it may take a while to fix.

sorry peeps! i did point this out in another thread tho.

Yes I know that there is a seperate file for the attack animations! B)

know i can't use the show image funktion...
No problem. at the moment its not realy important for me.

but you havent answered my other question.
Which name does the levels have?
because i want to put the new level from the demo game into a new game.
so i have to know the name of this level (its level 7)
in the demo folder. :huh:

abc_Keks posted on Oct 11 2004 at 12:38 PM said:
Yes I know that there is a seperate file for the attack animations! B)

know i can't use the show image funktion...
No problem. at the moment its not realy important for me.

but you havent answered my other question.
Which name does the levels have?
because i want to put the new level from the demo game into a new game.
so i have to know the name of this level (its level 7)
in the demo folder. :huh:

oh ok, i see - you've made a new map which you wish to then export into a whole new game.

go into the edit mode, and just load every map starting from 1 until you find it, if you overwrote the battleroom with it, it'll be map 4.

once you know the map number, look in the demo folder and you'll get alot of data files - you can spot which ones relate to that map (say map 4) as they'll start M then the mapnumber, so M4 (M4E.dat, M4L0.dat, etc etc)

make a new folder in the GIGAS folder, which'll sit next to the existing demo folder etc, copy all the map files across - and rename them all to map 1 stuff.

so if the map you made IS map4, you'll copy all the M4*.dat files, and then rename them so all the 4's get changed to 1.

hope that makes sense, its easier than it sounds - just difficult to explain.

Last edited by a moderator:
abc_Keks, PM me your email address and i'll send you the mario BMP (sorry i haven't had time to format it for GIGAS, as i'm getting ready for a holiday real soon :p

i also have a (slightly modified) zelda tileset that fixes the transparency issues with the house exterior, if anyone wants it...

Hey the Mario attack animations from the demo are working!!!
I just had to change the attack setting for the animations no.3.
Duration was =0 so you can't see the animation!!! :p

mario attack sheet?

could someone please send it to my email adress for the gigas resource page?

Back