Gigas-engine 0.7.1 Released

Pirotic

Certified Guru
I'm currently busy working on another GP32 project at the moment, so until i find the time to finish Gigas, here is a stop-gap release which adds some more functionality and a handful of other improvements.

The main new edition is the support of a proper save-game system, which doesn't interfere with the editing side of things, and an updated editing guide to help budding RPG creators.

you can download directly from here or the webpage http://www.pirotic.com/gp32/gigas/

Please post any bug reports in this thread, and keep any suggestions/improvements in the "Gigas-Engine 0.7.5" thread, which will remain the next public release, and will feature chatboard support, items and audio.

Thanks

well, i can think of three off the top of my head... and i predict quite a few more once 0.75 is out... ;)

games will compile into a compressed ".gig" file once finished, i can also bind that inside the .fxe's for people who have completed games and want a single file for distribution, but it will be done on request (until the project is open-sourced) as you need to have the source code in order to bind the two together.

yeah i like the idea of external file loading of .gig files better. As long as you cannot just edit them. Can it already make .gig files? I am planning to release a tiny demo of the sam games once i get my sam fisher sprite. Also i hope nintendo and ubisoft don't sue me. How do you get the intro image to appear?

it doesn't do .gig files yet, haven't coded any compression into it so far.

as for the intro image? im guessing you mean the logo.raw graphic file which shows when you pick to 'play' a game.

Just found a bug, when you go into the link fighting room nobody can walk once the cutscene has finished - d'oh, will get this fixed shortly. ta

Update - traced problem down to the 'Show Image' cutscene function, and as the Zelda room was the only one which used it, i didnt spot the problem.

for some reason this is a new bug, didnt exist in 0.7.0, and i haven't changed anything in the cutscene/image showing code so it may take a while to fix.

until then i've simply disabled the 'show image' cutscene function and updated the download on the homepage, no point in re-downloading unless you really want to see the zelda room, but its just to avoid further bug reports until its fixed.

ta

Ah cool, Maybe I'll have a shot at making an RPG using some of my vercle renders..... An RPG based around nothing but machines, maybe it'll work. *starts downloading the engine*

Back