New Firmware (pacrom Like) Wip

pretresse

Still Fresh
I'm working on a new firmware, my goal is to make something as easy, fast and usefull as PacRom but with load of new features (file managing functions, built in picture viewer, music player, hexa editor, plugins support, fastest boot, more boot options...).
Here is the first test version of the launcher, please say me what you think about it and what I should improve! All feedback is welcome ! :) I also need to find a name for it, if you've any idea... :D
In this version:
- fxe/gxb/bin/axf/mp3 support
- you can use a background picture in the launcher if you want : put a 320*240*256 gif named backgd.gif at the root of your SMC..

Are you planning to build in squidge's usb mass storage program. That would be really nice.

Also, are you using source from gpfm 2.0, as it would give you alot of these to start with, picture viewer, mp3 player, and such.

Are you planning to build in squidge's usb mass storage program. That would be really nice.

Also, are you using source from gpfm 2.0, as it would give you alot of these to start with, picture viewer, mp3 player, and such.
How about HappyLauner GP. Because it makes me happy!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about placing the Wallpaper in gp:/gpsys/Launcher/
And then you could also place other plugins there as well.

Could you put in phodrive or similar for USB access.

Looks cool.

Very Nice!

I like it a lot, it'll stay on my 2 homebrew cards, since Windups doesn't like fenix games, and it has customizable backgrounds. I'm going to look into that next. :D

thanx!

-BobBorakovitz

I love phodrive but it does not work with linux :angry: but the other one does I can´t remember which.

Finally Got around to trying this and it's GREAT!!!!
It's now the main boot-up on one of my smc's through GPBioS

gpfm 2.0 has heavy use of aqua's library-functions iirc
also, it has its fonts on the smc and other stuff
i can't complain about pacrom, tho filemanager functions like move, copy, rm, rename, etc would be nice

Finally Got around to trying this and it's GREAT!!!!
It's now the main boot-up on one of my smc's through GPBioS
omg i didn't know that "GPBIOS" existed. I ever wanted a thing like this, without having to flash my gp32! Thanks man :p

BTW, about the firmware, i'm testing it when i've got some batteries. next week i'm getting a battery charger :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back