New Blu+ Owner With Questions

mindstein

Still Fresh
Hi,
I am new to the forum and am a new gp32 owner. I have a blu+.
I have been lurking for a while on the forum and know that apps are being patched.

I can't get Imappy to work. No maps found and when I hit load I get a random restart.
I live in the California and would like to make some maps for it. like SanFran, and others. Is it a blu+ issue. Has anyone on a blu+ gotten it to work?

Also the Mac OS launcher is cool but has the white line problem.
And I can't find instructions on how to configure it.

Also can't get skins to work in gpcinima. I am using v1 as v2 is not blu+ compatible.
Looking forward to a v2 blu+ fixed version.

Also I want your opinion of "to flash or not to flash" I have been using the win-ups as an app an like it. I would like to have it as the default. So should I flash.
If I should flash what is the advantage to using a multi-firmware. Actualy it would be best to also have the original blu+ firmware in the multi-firm pac.
Sould I use the new blu+ fixed Aqua multi-firm?

If a person uses winUps why should he use pacrom? I have not seen pacrom yet so I couldn't say which I would like better.

I like the fact that I have been able to test winupsand yafl as apps. Can I do the same with pacrom. Is there a pacrom fxe file.

What is the most popular launcher has there been a poll?

thanks for the answers. I searched for most of them but found no topics.
Sorry in advance if some of this has been talked about.

I wouldn't bother flashing. The FW that comes with it is good enough, it is quick and dirty. Windups looks pretty but isn't really practical for a launcher, it is kind of clunky. You also know that if a flash fails the GP32 doesn't work at all anymore. You would have to build a special cable, run linux on the PC and then re-build the Firmware.

I wouldn't bother flashing. The FW that comes with it is good enough, it is quick and dirty. Windups looks pretty but isn't really practical for a launcher, it is kind of clunky. You also know that if a flash fails the GP32 doesn't work at all anymore. You would have to build a special cable, run linux on the PC and then re-build the Firmware.

also windups has had an update which isn't part of multifirmware 2...

I've got multifirmware2, and I used windups for a while, but now mostly use the pacrom part of it. -- because it simply presents you with a list of apps, and aren't they what the GP32 is all about anyway?

If what you want is a custom picture when you switch on, then go for it, I had no problem flashing (after a few reads of the instructions, so I knew exactly what I was doing, and a brand-new set of batteries)

ACTUALLY - i'm not sure if the firmwares are BLU+ safe... best to wait, maybe...

edit: and everyone says slubman's firmware is better than multifirmware2 anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: and everyone says slubman's firmware is better than multifirmware2 anyway...

Is Slubman's firmware BLU+ compatible? I'd really like to use it, but I had a bad experience flashing non compatible firmware. X3

Last edited by a moderator:
Back