New Caano Sdk For Windows

Any hope for new SDK on Linux? Because i'm already built my debug environment for it...

Aion said:
Any hope for new SDK on Linux? Because i'm already built my debug environment for it...

I don't see why one is needed, the basics (and more) are there and if libs are dynamicly loaded there really is no need (additional libs you can put in the same directory as your binary and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LB_PRELOAD environment vars to let em be loaded)

btw anyone mirrored the windows SDK ? would like to test it out but fungp site seems to be death for the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
ok am trying the sdk out as we speak, if i can get it to work i'll post a little how to... cygwin1.dll is missing (but one can get that from the cygwin setup) i'll edit later

well i can't get it to work either, dunno why but it has the same problem as with the windows toolchain in the archive...

i can get everything compiled but linking keeps failing with the following error:

"ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory"

things i tried where adding the path where crt1.o resides into the PATH variable,

adding the directory where crt1.o resides as "additional paths" in code::blocks

tried using ld instead of g++ as a linker but that gave a whole bunch of other errors.

Copied over the crt1.o file into the directoy where where the arm-eabi...g++.exe file resides

did someone even succeed to use this toolchain by directly calling it from code::blocks ?

EDIT : got it working ^.^ will post a little tutorial later (you will need cygwin so download setup.exe for cygwin and let it install already)

- okay first download and instally cygwin, no need for any special options just a plain simple install, if you had one already installed update it to latest version
- add c:\cygwin\bin to your SYSTEM environment variables, more specifically in the PATH variable
- configure the compiler as shown in these screenshots here : http://img577.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=cc1h.jpg

try and compile your program, i tried it out with my race game it compiled linked and the binary ran on my caanoo

have fun :)

joyrider,

Thanks for working through that and posting for the rest of us! I was having the same trouble with crt1.o and am nearly bald now from tearing my hair out in frustration; however installing Cygwin and following the setup shown in your screenshots seems to have worked.

Thank you again for taking the time to post this!

Hello,

i tried to install the Caanoo SDK and compile a program with it but encountered the same error as joyrider, the screenshot of the compiler configuration is down so i don't know what to do, i tried to solve the "cannot find crt1.o" by putting it directly in my project folder however after that i get a "ld: cannot find /lib/libc.so.6" error, the linker path point to where that file is but somehow there is something else getting in the way...

Anyone know how to solve that problem?

The simplest way is to use the Linux SDK (archive link), it worked without a hitch when I tried it a few years ago.

Back