New Blog Post

EvilDragon said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
DroneB Dev said:
now if you have ever played "broken phone line" or whatever its called on english..
Funnily enough we call this Chinese whispers :lol:

Makes you wonder why... NOT!

I think I am right in saying that the origin of the name Chinese Whispers is the fact you can not correctly speak Chinese by whispering, as some of the meaning is conveyed in pitch/tone/accents etc. so by whispering somethings can be misunderstood. Anyway, the reason I wanted to post (not sure if this has already come up in this thread, as I haven't read it all), but I remember reading a very long time ago at least one forum member offering to translate to/from Chinese, to avoid these problems. How comes this offer wasn't taken up? Craig linked us to the videos on YouTube a week or two back that highlighted various communication issues with Chinese companies, so it is a little annoying that despite knowing about these issues, and despite having at least one person offer to 'fix' these issues, we have just pushed on and fallen into trap after trap. I also do not understand why we haven't taken this long to learn our lesson, when they say they are going to ship soon, you just need to say 'Please let me know the date you are going to ship the goods to us.' - I'm not sure how they could end up translating that to 'Please let me know when you tick something off your list'.

At least it is another step closer....

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
Got to love the people who gave us tea, gunpowder, printing and these wonderful cases, God bless them.
Remind me when they gave us these wonderful cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back