New Blog Post

Vitel said:
mcobit said:
As they can produce 1000 cases a day and...
OMG, this is incredible.
whats so special about it?
just do the math!
near 28 Secs the cycle, even less if we expect to add up calibration times lost,
also they could go more than 8H a day so lets do the maths for 20H production time.
then we would get a 70Sec cycle time, and thats common,.

i would only expect longer times for the keyboard face of the case, the other ones could be pumped much more faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, I don't buy the language issue.
"Finish" is the same in Chinese-English as it is in English.
I think this company is just playing by their own timeline and using the mindset of "those foreigner don't know any better, we can take our own sweet time".

If this is truely their mentality, I will not be surprised if there is another delay caused by them.
Still, I hope for the best.

p.s. This is not an attack on the Chinese people, because I'm one.

DroneB Dev said:
Vitel said:
mcobit said:
As they can produce 1000 cases a day and...
OMG, this is incredible.
whats so special about it?
just do the math!
near 28 Secs the cycle, even less if we expect to add up calibration times lost,
also they could go more than 8H a day so lets do the maths for 20H production time.
then we would get a 70Sec cycle time, and thats common,.

i would only expect longer times for the keyboard face of the case, the other ones could be pumped much more faster.
I don't know the details, but it sounds unbelievably.
Besides that, they've been doing the moulds for many months, it's just unfair to produce all the cases in 4 days.

Vitel said:
Besides that, they've been doing the moulds for many months, it's just unfair to produce all the cases in 4 days.
It'll take 10 days. The order was for 10'000 cases, even though they're only using 4000 of them for first batch.

WizardStan said:
Vitel said:
It'll take 10 days. The order was for 10'000 cases, even though they're only using 4000 of them for first batch.
It would be quite handy if 'they' could send 'us' 4000 cases, celebrate new year and then finish the rest. Or päättynyt the rest, for those Fins among us.

What we get here on the forum is kind of like the classic "telephone game" affect. Like for instance
"shipped until the chinese new year!"

What?

I assume that means that the hope and goal is to ship all 4000 cases out BEFORE the chinese new year happens. I realize that English is not EvilDragon's primary language, but "until" is a really confusing word to use here.

Or for a different example, ED thought that this case company gave them a bid of 20K for the cases, whereas MWeston recently corrected that they cost much more than that.

Just goes to show how the communication here is REALLY hearsay. And of course the propagation of bad information amongst forumites doesn't help either.

Well Chineese new year February 14 I hope they get them shipped during the week before. Cant wait for my Pandora :)!!! Hopefully the cases are fine.

The news/post sounds nice and positive.
I can't wait. The board now seems as excited as it was on the 14th on January! I remember all the excitement. It seems to have made a return again! :pandora2ut4:

OpenTheBox said:
IMHO, I don't buy the language issue.
"Finish" is the same in Chinese-English as it is in English.
I think this company is just playing by their own timeline and using the mindset of "those foreigner don't know any better, we can take our own sweet time".

If this is truely their mentality, I will not be surprised if there is another delay caused by them.
Still, I hope for the best.

p.s. This is not an attack on the Chinese people, because I'm one.
would you buy it if you understood it deeper?

heres and example

voy a comprar un molde pero corran.(yes i know that even on spanish this would have meant a lot of different things)
im buying a mould but do it fast.

in a basis theres no direct missunderstanding but there are some general changes since you dont translate words but the idea.
translating directly words would en up

going to buy a mould but run.

now if you have ever played "broken phone line" or whatever its called on english (hope you get my point) multiply this effect by twice.
german->english->??turkish?->english->chinese-english->mandarin->cantonese/or any other dialect(for example)?
now compare the effect on
german->... FATIH->mandarin->dialects.

this is a very common issue on international relationships believe or not ive been on situations where green became orange for some weird cause.
just by using english i remember people talking about the Knock wood and touch wood they mean the same (FOR THIS EXAMPLE i dont know what else are you thinking and i bet i dont want to know) just by that we got some missunderstandings.

DroneB Dev said:
would you buy it if you understood it deeper? ...
I understand that things can get lost in translation, but don't believe this is the case here.

"We're finished and will do some testing injections", they didn't mean they were finished with ALL our changes, but they finished ONE thing on the to-do-list and did a test injection to see if that was fine.
If you ask your child if he had finished his homework and his reply is "Yes" but later on you find out that he only finish his math assignment but not history and not literature, would you say your child is misleading you or is there an interpretation problem?

Maybe I'm being too cynical here, but whatever... go Pandora. B)

OpenTheBox said:
DroneB Dev said:
would you buy it if you understood it deeper? ...
I understand that things can get lost in translation, but don't believe this is the case here.

"We're finished and will do some testing injections", they didn't mean they were finished with ALL our changes, but they finished ONE thing on the to-do-list and did a test injection to see if that was fine.
If you ask your child if he had finished his homework and his reply is "Yes" but later on you find out that he only finish his math assignment but not history and not literature, would you say your child is misleading you or is there an interpretation problem?

Maybe I'm being too cynical here, but whatever... go Pandora. B)

Is it just me or has this project been plagued just some more tweaks (or is that pronounced two weeks?) :)

God I hope we are on the final stretch now ..

Back