New Baddas Lookign Android Handheld

It does look nice. I'll probably pick one up if the analogs are real. I hate the PSP/Vita clones but this would be worth it if the sticks aren't mapped to the dpad and buttons like all the other Chinese Android consoles seem to do.

Orion4874 said:
It does look nice. I'll probably pick one up if the analogs are real. I hate the PSP/Vita clones but this would be worth it if the sticks aren't mapped to the dpad and buttons like all the other Chinese Android consoles seem to do.
This device would NOT please you more than any other Android device. Maybe the analog stick can be addressed to other buttons than the d-pad, but they will still be read as a digital control. IIRC there's no Android version supporting an analog device, but I might be standing corrected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realise Android doesn't support analogue controls.

couldn't you map it to a mouse?

I'm almost 100% certain that it does support joysticks. The input API MotionEvent has full range axis and can be applied to joystick devices, there's no reason it wouldn't work (though I can't say that I've actually tried it)

I haven't run it on my phone yet, but I know you can set your PS3 controller up with your Android device with an app brought to you by MotionJoy, same people that wrote the driver for windows.

I read all the tutorials for it, no where did it mention that the analogue sticks weren't supported. So its probably possible.

Either way, if this launches with a good price I might be tempted. It looks pretty slick if nothing else. Would love to take this over to my buddies house who has a Vita, and show him my new droid based Vita.

Akabei said:
qbertaddict did a review and his conclusion isn't very good at all.

Yeah that really sucks about the controls, would have bought it :(

Whats your guys opinion on the superior handheld between JDX and Yinlips?

The iReadyGo's Much handheld looks alot better. Here's the thread over at Dingoonity with specs and pics, http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/much-(3g-wi-fi-model)-by-ireadygo/ . Looks like Willgoo will be selling it for overseas customers. It is more expensive but it actually looks like a well made handheld with features that the Chinese companies always leave out like bluetooth and GPS.

Orion4874 said:
The iReadyGo's Much handheld looks alot better. Here's the thread over at Dingoonity with specs and pics, http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/much-(3g-wi-fi-model)-by-ireadygo/ . Looks like Willgoo will be selling it for overseas customers. It is more expensive but it actually looks like a well made handheld with features that the Chinese companies always leave out like bluetooth and GPS.
It doesn't look more promising for me for just one reason. Is it forbidden to everyone to make a decent(or at least a no PSP/PSVita look-a-like) design? Meh

Here's a more positive opinion of the MUCH from someone who apparently has one:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/much-(3g-wi-fi-model)-by-ireadygo/75/

Looks like this thing does have true analog sticks according to this statement:

I can tell you that most games run at 0 or 1 frameskip with the n64 emulator at full speed, so it is more than acceptable in my opinion. The analog control is actually analog (so you can make mario walk slowly or run depending on how far you are pushing the stick). The psx emulator also seems to run better on this device than with the jxd devices. The sound especially is a lot better with fpse on this device. With the new firmware I can highly recommend this device if you are willing to shovel out the extra money...

I guess you really do get what you pay for, but even then $240 is a bit too high for a single core Hummingbird device. There are rumors that a 4-core model is in the works.

Back