New Archos 705.

waffles

Unachivement unlocked.
Website
Visit site
Archos recently announced a new line of PMP's, which they are now calling "internet media tablets".
basically it's the 605's with more accessories, 3g, some free addons, and dropping the buttons for a smoother interface and design. The idea is that one can browse the web, download movies/tv anywhere, and use it as a home DVR which they can take on the go.
Too bad it doesn't have gaming controls, eh?

Strange then seeing as all (if I'm correct) of the Archos MP3/MP4 players can run Mophun games on them. I have a Gmini 402 and it can run games but there's no point as they are mainly awful. Bt they were never really made to run or play games. Great media players though. Only problems I've ever had with the Archos' are that they overheat and freeze (especially when used to record audio at a concert :() and that the headphone jack can stop working properly with age (something that's happened to me right now with the Gmini 402)

Apparently the processor is faster, which seems like a move in the wrong direction. ah well, hopefully this will drop the price of the 605. Yay for tech droop.

3g but no microphone so no phone or VOIP capabilities and no texting apps. They seem to have gone out of their way to make sure it is not a communications device.

Although it looks sleek and smart I can't say I find it at all exciting.

EDIT: Just found this link.
Looks like it uses the Cortex A8. Screen is 800*480. Better prepare for the comparisons... Mind you at over $500

EDIT 2: typo - well actually when I post to this board not all the keys I press appear in the post. Does anyone else find that happening?

Back