Ext->Usb Cable For Wiz Also Open2X?

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
I'm going through NewsWeez so I hope I'm not boring anyone too much.

Anyway, they announced accessories (link) for both Wiz and Caanoo. I'll ignore the Caanoo but I cannot caanoo ignore the Wiz. Or rather the fabled ext->usb cable! Yay, it really looks nice that they're bringing both revisions of the platform up to the same level.

imagen.php

I should open a new thread about but I'll instead shout it here:

How is the Open2x port coming along? with usb-host the computing possibilities of the Wiz/Caanoo grow rather nicely, fex. I learnt of twiddler recently handykey which seems utterly cool. So to tap that potential open2x would be nice.

Related to this, I'm guessing that bluetooth adapters require open2x, that they're not the intended use case for the usb-host as far GPH is concerned. Am I wrong in this? Pity, WiFi is such a battery waster if you just want to tether to your phone.

Also there's the TV-out.
imagen.php

Also, what is the max screen resolution that wiz can drive over tv-out? I won't bore you all with cyborgy things, but think of the possibilities. Computers are computers after all, they crunch numbers in the most similar (relative to other computers) way possible.

A clean thread for the accessories would be good, but I feel like rambling, apologies. :)

I've just spotted a problem with these 2 add-ons: You can't use them at the same time.
Well done GPH. ;)

I moved this question from another post (as this one seems more apt):
Could a (cross wired) cable be made so I can connect my Wiz to my old GP2X cradle, so I can can use all the functions on the cradle, USB/TV out etc. (and maybe charging from one of the cradles USB ports as I've got a 5V power supply for the cradle). BTW: I still want to use the cradle for my F200.

Cheers, Neil

Aaaand Caanoo preorder canceled! The main thing that got me to the caanoo in the first place was that USB host... but now I can us it on the Wiz with the smaller form factor. Makes me happy. Thank you GPH!

klikklak said:
Anyone basic electronics and the connector layout? Could a cable be made that would do both tv-out and usb?

Of course. I posted the Ext port pinout in another thread. It's no difficult task. All you need is an Ext connector and a TV and USB plug with some cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back