Caanoo / WIZ Neverball Wiz/caanoo Port

themacmeister

Still Fresh
Neverball Wiz/Caanoo port is proceeding.

mym2-03-05.jpg

I just wrote about this project at my new blog:

Blog

Google Code page:

neverball-gp2x google code page

Please, share/post this new (Neverball for WIZ/CAANOO is working in progress) at GP32X forum (and other like that) linking to our GoogleCode project and my blog. Maybe somebody will join us with OpenGL/ES for WIZ knowledge.

Ciao!

themacmeister said:
Neverball Wiz/Caanoo port is proceeding.

I just wrote about this project at my new blog:

Blog

Google Code page:

neverball-gp2x google code page

Please, share/post this new (Neverball for WIZ/CAANOO is working in progress) at GP32X forum (and other like that) linking to our GoogleCode project and my blog. Maybe somebody will join us with OpenGL/ES for WIZ knowledge.

Ciao!

First I moved this to development, it shouldnt be news until something is finished.
What would be ideal is if the code that was done for the apple devices was released. They have exactly what is needed for any other opengles device, but for whatever reason have released it.
But that shouldnt let that stop us. From the little bit of research ive done the biggest gl work will be removing the glPushAttrib and managing the states.

The other problem is going to be SDL 1.2, simply there isnt a way I know of to meld wiz SDL FB with egl. The only way I know around this is strip out the most SDL code.(at least video/input). I did this with Ken lab.

To be honest given the previous issue, the pandora would be the ideal first target. It is possible to to egl and sdl if theres an X window. Plus all of the other benefits it gives for development. Another good tool would be the PVR sdk to get the opengles done.

Are you Chui that worked with Zod on psx4all? if do find it odd your going by themacmeister here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Pickle,

I started the project after Chui expressed an interest in it. Please check your GP32X messages Pickle!

Yes, it is the same Chui who worked on PSX4ALL, and virtually every other 4ALL project!

He also ported Neverball to Dreamcast, which I thought impossible!

I'll speak to you via email, and on the project mailing list.

Cheers,

themacmeister (avid Neverball fan!)

Back