Netsurf

kayuz said:
great! :D
the new test is enormous better then the third, great work ;)
i have some hot suggestion for you:
add the bookmars, they are very important and useful :)
for flash and ecc... i know, for jaavascript and flash, but if these thing were added in the future in the main netsurf for linux etc these can be added also on the caanoo?
is possible to enamble zoom like the android browser? the small screen is a problem of surfing on mobiles/consoles ;)
and last my suggestion: when i tap for write a password i don't see the letters, only asterisks... and often i write bad my password... is possible to see the password without the asterisks? ;)
thanks for the enormous great work :)
Thank you for testing and your suggestions.

Any features added to netsurf AND its framebuffer frontend by the developers should be easy to add to the caanoo framebuffer version.
I don't know when they will reach 5.x (javascript) so maybe nobody has a working caanoo or interests for it anymore :p
If you take a look at netsurfs development plan you can see that a dynamic zoom function is planned for netsurf 3.x, current version of netsurf is 2.8. Don't know if they have a time plan, probably not.
Adding bookmarks is not an easy task for me as I have to get a better understanding of netsurfs code first. It is currently not implemented in netsurfs framebuffer frontend
so I have to add it myself or wait for the netsurf developers to add it. I don't know if someone is already working on that. I'll try to contact them but my freetime is currently very limited.
Maybe you can ask them kindly to add the bookmark/hotlist feature to the framebuffer frontend ? ;)

Asteriks/password: Sounds good and useful. I'll try to add it as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i will try to concact the netfurf devs ;)
thx for reply scachi ;)

kayuz said:
no reply. from the devs of netsurf < :(
updates on this browser? :)

I filed a feature request for bookmark functionality on netsurf sourceforge page..no reply too.

I am going to hospital in a few days for 3-6 days and so I am currently very busy preparing for that..visiting doctors etc.
so don't expect any updates for the caanoo version of netsurf from me.

If you are missing bookmarks you can try to place a simple html file containing links to your favorite sites in the netsurf directory
and change the gpe file to start netsurf with a argument like 'file:/mnt/sd/..whereever../NetSurf/bookmarks.html'.

so, any new update for ever?
i'm sad that you have to go on hospital... :(

kayuz said:
so, any new update for ever?
i'm sad that you have to go on hospital... :(

I've uploaded the previous/last netsurf test release to the file archive now as well as the source code .. so if anyone is interested in adding bookmark/hotlist support ... ;-)

Back