GP32 Microphone on a GP32

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
The GP32 already has features of three other handheld devices - MP3 Player, Game Player, and Text reader. Voice dictation is also a very budding buisness that I think the GP32 could be outfitted for. Also, there is another reason - voice recognition software. If someone could port something like this to the GP32, that would eliminate the need for a custom keyboard, and help out emulators that require a keyboard. It would also allow one to dictate text to the GP32, making it even more useful. But, there are some hurdles to jump first:

- The USB port is the best bet, but its un-powered and considered a slave device.

- The microphone would have to both be USB-compatible, and be self-powered.

- The input would have to be converted from analog (microphone) to digital (USB)

- Assembly-level drivers would have to be made for communicating with the USB port.

I'm going to look more into the hardware-side of making/converting the microphone itself, but I think it may be possible.

a software which wrotes down the text you say, needs much COU power... that is to much, on my old AMD K6 300 it was verry slow.
but voice recording should be possible...

Sorry, I wasn't talking about about text dictation in entire words, I was talking about letter-by-letter.

I agree - having to browse a thesaurus to figure out what word you were talking about, let alone implementing a speech profile, would take up way too much CPU power.

How about a text to speech, I think it would be neato

BTW- condenser mics are self powered, well most of em are...

generalnmx posted on Jul 29 2003 said:
that would eliminate the need for a custom keyboard, and help out emulators that require a keyboard. It would also allow one to dictate text to the GP32, making it even more useful.
I could just see myself at work, sitting in the van, "typing" up a quick note.

"DOUBLE YOU. AICH. OH... OH? OH! I said OH damnit!"

As if they don't think I'm wierd enough...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back