Nethack

¡0.5 is out great! This night I will not sleep :p
Hi! I think I saw that somebody on gp32spain was having difficulty running the program. I couldn't quite understand your answer though (darn my lack of language skills). My first suggestion is to erase the entire folder and try reinstalling.

Is he the only person having this trouble or is anybody else not able to launch Nethack?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions. I'm looking forward to Bork!

Yeah, so am I! :D
I've yet to see any kind of prototype running my graphics on the GP2X, so I'm worried they'll look all muddled and crap, or that the edges are TOO hard, or really just about any other graphical defect I can think of. It's very nerve-wracking, so I've turned my attention toward building a levelling and battle system from the ground up. SO much less wracking... yeah...

¡0.5 is out great! This night I will not sleep :p
Hi! I think I saw that somebody on gp32spain was having difficulty running the program. I couldn't quite understand your answer though (darn my lack of language skills). My first suggestion is to erase the entire folder and try reinstalling.

Is he the only person having this trouble or is anybody else not able to launch Nethack?

Thanks!

After the character selection process, the screen fills with random garbage and the gp2x locks up. I'm going to erase the folder and try reinstalling and tell you how that goes.

That should make it work. Remember to wait a while when you've created your character, though. The screen does go black for a stretch of time before it actually starts up properly.

Magnulus posted on Jul 3 2006 at 02:34 AM said:
That should make it work. Remember to wait a while when you've created your character, though. The screen does go black for a stretch of time before it actually starts up properly.

It works perfectly now. Yay! :D

These are the tiles from the Atari ST version of Rogue, put out by Epyx in 1986 or so, right? The best tiles out there, IMHO. Lovely.

blakespot

Back