NesterGP finished :(

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
NesterGP, which was for a while on par with the excellent little john is not being worked on anymore. He might have one more release with the new splash screen from the competition (which i hope he does as a lot of people put entries in in hope of having their name in lights (flu lights :p )). Thanks to Scherzo for his excellent work. I wish i had the talent to code something like this :). Go here for the news directly from Scherzo's site.

:angry: This is SO typical of the GP32 community. You start a project. It gets half-way good. Then BOOM!! Stop. Then someone else does the same thing, and leaves the same emulator not finished. Then we have two (maybe more than two) emulators, both OK, but not great. Who will finish projects like these? The only port or emulator that I can think of that is perfect and complete is DOOM, thanks to CRAIGX and his gang. :angry:

I posted this on the other topic too. :p :angry:

Zboy9,

If you don't like it, write your own emulator. But no your too lazy for that, you just want to bitch at other people that have spent months of their lifes working on a project for nothing but the enjoyment they get from programming. If they choose to stop THEIR project, they can. I bet they get really pissed off with people like you, slagging them down. I know I would. So stop the whining and get coding...a genesis emulator would be nice ;)

Reesy

Yeah zboy, these guys are working their asses off creating emulators for free! You should just be happy that you're getting something...

He might return to the project. Since he's releasing the source, there's always that opportunity.

If you read his website, you can plainly see that he just doesn't have enough time to code anymore. We all have periods like that.

You know what you guys, you're right. I shouldn't be complaining. :( But doesn't this almost always seem to be the case? We have two or three people working on the same thing, then they all drop it, and we have three partially done emulators. When people look to buy this thing, they always ask about emulation. Then we can only say that we have one or two good emulators, when there are about 50 emulators total. You know what I mean? To the creator of NesterGP, sorry. I know I can't code, and I congratulate you for what you did. Thanks

Back