NES CLASSIC MINI (with 30 built in games)

Damn that is something i will put on my birthday wishlist. Although they are pointless, the mini cartridges are awesome too. Why didn't Nintendo do this ?

Fantastic little NES right there. While indeed a bit pointless, that is such a cool use of NFC chips. It gives a physical feeling to something digital.

I am loving all of it!

So my question is; is it an FPGA based hardware-emulator or just an ARM processor with some software emulation?
A photo of the inside has been published by someone from GameSpot:
Code:
https://twitter.com/PCBrown/status/793933537867022336/photo/1
(Sorry, I had to break the link, else the forum software would automatically embed twitter nonsense from out of somewhere.)

Looks like an Allwinner R16 CPU there then, doing the main work of the unit. I don't think there's an FPGA there, though I haven't identified what two of the chips are.

For anyone interest in this, be aware the cord on the controller is about 30"(2 1/2 feet). So unless your really close to your television, or bring the console way out, your gonna have an issue. More "nickel & dime" time from "N". LOL I know they are going for nostalgia here, but even one of the new Atari 2600 flashbacks has a wireless dual controller set up. Here you have to buy an extra controller, and that wire is a joke.

Chris

EDIT: Mini system, mini cable I guess?

Dam, amazon just send me an Email because my second Controller isn't available in the amounts it's needs, and they cancelled this item from my order
So next week i only get the Mini NES whit the Controller which is included..

Last edited:
Is it a standard bluetooth connection?

Then any of the 8bitdo controllers should work (hehe, they even work with an original NES wirelessly :D)

No, that news story suggested to me you need to plug a nub into the ports on the mini NES. The ports on the mini NES are the same ports that are on the back of a wiimote, that you plug a nunchuck or a pro controller or what have you into.

Back