Neocd2x New Version Plays Background Mp3's?

Cbass182

Someone on IRC said that the new version of NK's neogeo cd emu plays the background mp3's now? can anyone confirm this? I'd assume the mp3's go in the neocd.zip file with the iso files...but I don't have a gp2x to test with yet (mine is in the mail as we speak :) )

It was me who said that. Here's a part of the chat I had with NK and co (in HanIRC's #GP2X) that tells you how to get it working (I fixed the spelling and grammatical errors):

‹a1I_[NK]: mp3 is in the 'neocd.mp3' folder, like the PSP.
didori: you must make a neocd.mp3 folder in the rom folder
didori: and put the mp3 files in the neocd.mp3 folder

Yes... I tested street hoop just now, and it works@!!!.

I can here the BGM during playing game. But the game speed is slower than no BGM.
And after PAUSE, BGM is not worked. So, you can test gameplay speed before and after.

mittens posted on Dec 2 2005 at 04:20 AM said:
Great!!!

How about the speed of play with sound?
it plays pretty quickly. However, this isn't the sound effects, just the music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one neocd.mp3 folder with all mp3s in there for all games, where the zipped isos are, or neocd.mp3 folder inside the zips?

I dont know if Im being stupid here but I cant it to work, I made a new folder called neocd.mp3 and put it into

X:\emulators\neocd\roms\

The same directory where the rom files are.

Game starts but there is no music playing?

Any help appreciated.

Well folks, I think i put a 'neocd.mp3' folder in pretty much every conceivable place, on the root dir, IN the zipped iso, in a folder neocd.zip on the root. I think we need a proper directory map from someone who's got it working so there's not so much confusion.

Quiest posted on Dec 2 2005 at 12:32 PM said:
Just one neocd.mp3 folder with all mp3s in there for all games, where the zipped isos are, or neocd.mp3 folder inside the zips?

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 01:12 PM said:
i think its just one folder.....
makes it a little difficult, doesn't it.....

That's what I thought until I gave this a try....

At the moment I have:

SD card root:\NeoCD2\Games\zipped game files.

So I tried doing the following to Metal Slug 1 & 2 to see if I could keep the games MP3's seperate from one another, keeping things neat & tidy.

SD Root:\NeoCD2\Games\MetalSlug\Metal Slug.zip and a file folder called NeoCD.mp3 with Metal Slug mp3's in it. Run the game and the music starts when starting the opening level.

SD Root:\NeoCD2\Games\Metal Slug 2\Metal Slug 2.zip and a file folder called NeoCD.mp3 with Metal Slug 2 music in it. Run the game and the music starts at the character select screen.

This keeps all the associated game files together rather than have a heap of mp3's sitting on top of one another.

I am still trying other games to see if they work with BGM as well. My first test with KOF 98 produced no BGM, but I may have missed something obvious. I will be trying again later but can't do anymore testing right now.

If and when the sound effects work with this emulator will we need any of the mp3's or are they just for BGM.

Cheers.

Ok I found the problem, you cant just stick any mp3s in the neocd.mp3 folder they have to be the game mp3s that come on the CD.

I was sticking Black Sabbath albumns in there :rolleyes:

gazcart posted on Dec 2 2005 at 02:31 PM said:
If and when the sound effects work with this emulator will we need any of the mp3's or are they just for BGM.

Cheers.

No the sound effects are in the iso so you ditch the mp3's to save space on your card when this happens. If you don't mind not having the BGM :)

Ninjia^ posted on Dec 2 2005 at 02:49 PM said:
Ok I found the problem, you cant just stick any mp3s in the neocd.mp3 folder they have to be the game mp3s that come on the CD.

HeHeHe :D

Saved me doing the same thing. :rolleyes:

I'm making a skin right now so no time for experimentation. It would be fun if you could have your own mp3's playing, have you tried renaming your black sabbath tracks to those of the game you are playing, that might work. :)

Ninjia^ posted on Dec 2 2005 at 11:49 PM said:

Just rename the .mp3 files with the same names as the game music files and I'm sure it would play them instead. You may have to have the correct number of files though. Then again the NeoGeoCD could check the size of the files and I would be completely wrong.

NeoStuey posted on Dec 2 2005 at 06:10 AM said:
Quiest posted on Dec 2 2005 at 12:32 PM said:

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 01:12 PM said:
i think its just one folder.....
makes it a little difficult, doesn't it.....

That's what I thought until I gave this a try....

At the moment I have:

SD card root:\NeoCD2\Games\zipped game files.

So I tried doing the following to Metal Slug 1 & 2 to see if I could keep the games MP3's seperate from one another, keeping things neat & tidy.

SD Root:\NeoCD2\Games\MetalSlug\Metal Slug.zip and a file folder called NeoCD.mp3 with Metal Slug mp3's in it. Run the game and the music starts when starting the opening level.

SD Root:\NeoCD2\Games\Metal Slug 2\Metal Slug 2.zip and a file folder called NeoCD.mp3 with Metal Slug 2 music in it. Run the game and the music starts at the character select screen.

This keeps all the associated game files together rather than have a heap of mp3's sitting on top of one another.

I am still trying other games to see if they work with BGM as well. My first test with KOF 98 produced no BGM, but I may have missed something obvious. I will be trying again later but can't do anymore testing right now.

I don't think all games support BGM yet. I've tried Samurai Shodown 2 and no BGM.

I have all my zipped games in \Neogeo alongside the emulator's files.
I made a new folder named "neocd.mp3" and put all the Metal Slug 2 Mp3s in there and it worked first time.

How do the mp3 have to be named - track1.mp3, mslug1.mp3, MSLUG 1 TRACK 2.MP3, I don`t have any idea, cause it does not work for me!

Kayday posted on Dec 2 2005 at 03:17 PM said:
I don't think all games support BGM yet. I've tried Samurai Shodown 2 and no BGM.

Oh okay. Saves me trying that one. :D

My skin is done and uploaded to the file archive if anyone wants it.

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,50,944

neogeocd.gif

Tried to make it fit in style with my Famicom and Super Famicom skins. I hope you like it. B)

Quiest posted on Dec 2 2005 at 04:01 PM said:
How do the mp3 have to be named - track1.mp3, mslug1.mp3, MSLUG 1 TRACK 2.MP3, I don`t have any idea, cause it does not work for me!

neocd8la.jpg

First Track(01) is the Data
It does work for me

Back