Neo Geo Guide

Wilhood

anyone able to tell me how to run neo geo emulator on the gp2x ?an straight forward guide would do fine.
before anyone says it, i have looked at the readme files on a few emulators and cant make head nor tale of it.any help please

wil hood said:
anyone able to tell me how to run neo geo emulator on the gp2x ?an straight forward guide would do fine.
before anyone says it, i have looked at the readme files on a few emulators and cant make head nor tale of it.any help please
Checkout http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GnGeo2x

Last edited by a moderator:
1.- Download gngeo 0.7beta14 and rage2x and install both of them on the same directory.
2.- If you cannot rip the bios from your neogeo, search and download neogeo.zip from any mame repository. Even the neogeo.zip for Mame4all works. Unzip neogeo.zip in the 'roms' directory
3.- Optional but really advisable is searching and downloading the universe bios (unibios) It is not official, but do not worry because you can use it since you own a Neogeo. Again, unzip the files in the 'roms' directory.
4.- If you cannot rip your original games, search and download neogeo games from the mame repositories. DO NOT USE NeoRageX repositories, these roms do not work in gngeo without a little modification. Use the same roms that you'll use in Mame.
5.- Put roms in the 'roms' directory in zip and do not change their name.
6.- Execute rage2x.gpe and enjoy. Probably, the first time you'll have to activate the sound in the Rage2x options (press select, change and save options)

juanvvc said:
1.- Download gngeo 0.7beta14 and rage2x and install both of them on the same directory.
2.- If you cannot rip the bios from your neogeo, search and download neogeo.zip from any mame repository. Even the neogeo.zip for Mame4all works. Unzip neogeo.zip in the 'roms' directory
3.- Optional but really advisable is searching and downloading the universe bios (unibios) It is not official, but do not worry because you can use it since you own a Neogeo. Again, unzip the files in the 'roms' directory.
4.- If you cannot rip your original games, search and download neogeo games from the mame repositories. DO NOT USE NeoRageX repositories, these roms do not work in gngeo without a little modification. Use the same roms that you'll use in Mame.
5.- Put roms in the 'roms' directory in zip and do not change their name.
6.- Execute rage2x.gpe and enjoy. Probably, the first time you'll have to activate the sound in the Rage2x options (press select, change and save options)
thanks to both of you for replying.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I try to execute rage2x.gpe, it goes to a black screen. Why might that be?

edit: I got it to run using the beta, but I can't exit without freezing.

edit 2: Found settings to activate (auto reload GUI, craigix ram time settings) to get rid of exit problem.

Back