Neko Project II (PC-98) fullscreen on launch.

Foxgod

Hola guys,

Whenever i start Neko Project it always starts in a window, instead of fullscreen, i however prefer the fullscreen option.

Is there a way to force Neko project to start fullscreen?

Currently the app does not seem to remember the fullscreen setting on next launch, forcing me to set it to fullscreen manually.

It would also be nice if it remembers the last file i had selected, so that it auto boots into the last game played.

Btw, i use the I286 core version, is noticed there is also a ia32 (I386) version.

Why are there two versions, and which one is best to use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump, theres gotta be someone that uses neko project :)

It got a couple of very nice translated rpg's.

Isn't there some advanced settings in xfce to force applications to remember their position / full screen status ?

If not, you probably need to contact the maintainer for help in updating his app :)

If there are commandline arguments to run at a specific res of fullscreen, you could modify the startupscript.

Where could i possibly find this application command line on the pandora ? :)

Yesterday after reading this thread i tried neko projekt II for the first time. Never played PC-98 games before but i know the first five Touhou games were made for this system. So tried them but unfortunately they were unplayable slow on the i386 version of neko and on the i286 version they didn't even start. So i suppose they are i386 only?

Btw: Which games can you recommend for non-japanese speaking players? Foxgod, you mentioned that there are translated rpgs...?

Where could i possibly find this application command line on the pandora ? :)

You can't. You would have to uncompress the PND and run that application manually, but it's not always possible. I suggest you contact the maintainer directly.

Well, you can mount the pnd, copy the startupscript out of it and put it in the appdata. There you can change it to aour liking and it will overlay the old one in the pnd. Just like the fullscreenscript I made for you for scummvm.

So no need to unpack and repack the pnd for this.

Is there a parameter to start neko in fullscreen? If so can you tell me what it is? Then I can change the script for you this evening.

Edit: Or of course, just ask cloudef.

For some reason changing pandora/appdata/xnp2-ia32/.np2/np2rc fullscrn = 0 to fullscrn = 1 doesn't work.

I recommend using the i286 version unless the game specifically requires i386 code to run (e.g. the touhou games)

Tnx, il keep using the 268 version, as i am not a big fan of touhou games, i am more into the oldie rpg games.

Also, sadly this program is no longer maintained, so we wont be seeing any more updates.

Does anyone know btw if the occasional sound stutter is a native pc98 thing? or is it an emulation problem?

@Foxgod: are you able to use the keyboard ? Or the mouse in a decent speed ? I tried to run Dungeon Master, but the keyboard seems unresponsive... I can use the mouse only with the nubs but the pointer movement it's SLOOOOOOOOW !!

EDIT: OH !! With the "Software keyboard" I found that the game works only with the numeric keypad... <_<

Just a quick information, but the 386 build works fine on my ghz pandora (tested at 1.1ghz). Fullspeed on Kuro no ken, that game was slow on my previous pandora... Didn't test the touhou games yet.

Back