Need Some Battlejewels _gameplay_ Testers; Apply Here :)

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
See the news thread here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry524455

This is a game that could be nearly-done, or I could go right to town with levelling, the gear and stores, training skills etc etc. Its an evolving system, but I want well defined phases.. targets. You know like.. version 1 is this and such, and down the road I can aim for version 2 with thus-and-this feature set.

So I think I need a few people who we can depend on .. who can do a few plays each week or after each build, and who will comment on what they think about gameplay, and who I can ask questions about what they'd like. People who will stick it out for a couple of months as the game evolves.

For example -- at the beginning, the game as is asks if you want a refilling or non-refilling board; what do you think of that? And if I tweak the AI to do this and such, what do you think.. that sort of thing.

So if you think you can help out, and would be interested in playing the game a few times a week so you can have opinions on gameplay changes and direction, say so here :) If you just want to play and forget it, or dont' really care, or don't have time to chat in email about this stuff.. dont' sweat it :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Shifty said:
Me too...Unless I missed the chance :(
Only two replies so far.. I'd like a few more ideally, but Miika and Shifty will certainly be a help :)

ie: I want to talk about spells, AI balance, where to go .. anyone else?

jeff

skeezix said:
Shifty said:
Only two replies so far.. I'd like a few more ideally, but Miika and Shifty will certainly be a help :)

jeff

I'm interested...sending PM...

As ever, I'm perfectly willing to offer, but I'm not the most reliable of testers, which is what I think you're after. If you're short of people, though, I've not exactly got a great deal to do for the next three weeks or so (after which I'll be in America and fairly distracted, even if, ironically, I'll actually likely spend more time on the 2x).

skeezix said:
Shifty said:

jeff

K, Send me a PM or Email whenever you wanted to ask me something about it and we can discuss.

The game is already looking great and it's very addicting.

Shifty said:
skeezix said:
Shifty said:

jeff

K, Send me a PM or Email whenever you wanted to ask me something about it and we can discuss.

The game is already looking great and it's very addicting.

I'll PM everyone soon; my only free time (if any) is at 1am to 5am when the baby is asleep :)

Theres a lot to be done but I'm working on stages so there are useful milestones; will want people ot test various pieces as I go, so we can balance and such.

I'll be doing some AI tweaks very soon .. ie: the alpha testers will be able to see the AI casting spells onthem, or healing itself when in need etc.. and some new player classes. The AI will actually ick the mana it needs, and try to take mana the player needs... teehee :)

jeff

I'm in! I get an hours worth of travel every day to and from work, so will test then... that's if there's still spots/places?

Back